REPORTING TO: Regional IT Infrastructure Business Leader Europe
GEOGRAPHICAL REPORTING LOCATION: France, Germany, Belgium
WORKING LOCATION: Brussels, Belgium
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES UNDER RESPONSIBILITY: 10+ direct reports and regional team of 100+
OVERALL OBJECTIVES: Lead the regional IT Infrastructure organisation to provide cost-efficient IT Infrastructure Services with highest availability to more than 200 Eurofins business locations serving more than 25.000 employees in Europe.
- Lead regional IT infrastructure teams based in multiple locations in Europe: Nantes, Hamburg, Slovakia, Hungary, Netherlands, UK;
- Plan, organise and manage the regional IT Infrastructure organisation required to deliver and exceed the contracted SLA performance of the IT Infrastructure services;
- Collaborate with senior business leaders to meet and support their business needs;
- Oversee the delivery of the infrastructure projects and programs, ensuring all infrastructure projects are delivered within the parameters of time, cost, scope, risk, quality and benefits;
Services and processes:
- Help the Global Director IT Infrastructure to establish global standards, processes, procedures and tooling in collaboration with all other Regional IT Infrastructure Directors.
- Deploy the global IT Infrastructure standards and processes in order to improve the IT infrastructure service efficiency and quality:
- Oversee globally defined IT policies and procedures applicable to regional architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, procurement, and service provision
- Perform and report on Service Management throughout the entire service life cycle including SLA and Customer Satisfaction
Run and Change:
- Lead the daily operations of the Regional IT Infrastructure Team Europe.
- Execute all activities related to delivering all IT Infrastructure services required by the regional business.
- Organise, Plan and Manage Services changes efficiently and effectively
- Establish and maintain the integrity of service assets
- Set correct expectations on the performance and use of new or changed services
- Ensure that Service changes create the expected business value
- Advise on the Architectural Roadmap for IT Infrastructure services, ensuring all solutions provide the required level of availability and performance.
- Take ownership of the regional data center in Hamburg.
- Lead and manage Delivery Centers supporting the region.
Cost and Budget Management
- Design and implement business case driven rationalizations and cost/benefit analyses for IT investments and initiatives;
- Provide greater insight and clarity into the annual budgets and provide analysis of savings opportunities.
- Ensure, that all globally defined requirements related to establishing a highest level of Information Security are implemented on a daily basis;
- Monitor and control the execution of all operational activities in the regional team according to these standards (“First line of defence”).
Audits and compliance:
- Assist with response to regulatory audits regarding process flows.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
- Proven excellence in managing “solid line” reporting relationships across multiple infrastructure teams while delivering daily operations and project/program within a global organisation. (7-10 years of experience).
- Proven ability to create and improve new and existing IT Infrastructure processes to drive efficiency, quality, and cost effective solutions. (5-7 years of experience)
- Strong financial acumen and ability to develop budgets, monthly variance reporting and monthly re-forecasting across multiple cost centers (5-7 years of experience).
- Expertise in delivering complex application and/or infrastructure-based solutions, to deliver against large, complex business application projects in a Program/Project Management role. (7-10 years of experience)
- Ability to analyses and structure data that matters to build reports, metrics and KPI; and couple them with analysis and insights. (7-10 years of experience)
- Strong organizational design and coordination skills. (7-10 years of experience)
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong background in ITIL methodologies and Service Management.
- Demonstrated experience and success with IT organizational process design (or re-engineering) and implementation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service mind-set.
- Proven experience in project and program management.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art data centre, compute (Server, middleware and Database), storage and network technologies/architecture.
- Proven ability to work with tool sets including, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and pivot tables, PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Preferred experience with asset tracking tools and processes.
- Ability to review large amounts of data and analyze and spot trends and provide analysis and structured insights/action plans.
- Basic understanding of data models and systems design.
- Experience consolidating data from multiple data sources.
- Experience working within a Service Management system such as OTRS, Jira, or ServiceNow
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology
- 7-10 years of work experience in a similar function
- ITIL Foundations certification