R & D Scientist - Junior
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905755263W
Witthin Janssen Research & Development, the Nonclinical Safety organisation (NCS) is responsible for supporting the selection of safe drug candidates and performing nonclinical safety studies during development, for several therapeutic areas.
The Mechanistic and Investigative Toxicology department (MIT) is an important partner within NCS responsible for developing and executing predictive toxicology strategies and providing solutions for toxicities encountered in nonclinical and clinical studies.
MIT is looking for a highly motivated scientist with a strong background in in vitro toxicology to join our team in Beerse.
The successful candidate:
* Has strong critical thinking skills with a track record for problem solving.
* Can identify supporting information to develop hypotheses and design key experiments to test hypotheses.
* Has a high level of independence, can design and execute experiments with minimal supervision, generates high-quality data and keeps accurate records.
* Ensure critical data analysis, scientific interpretation of the data and make proposals for follow-up activities if needed.
* Can write scientific reports/manuscripts and is able to clearly communicate data to project teams.
* Be responsible for the lab logistics and data management, ensuring data integrity
* Is a team player, who takes initiative to help the team when needed and can work closely together with colleagues in and outside global MIT/NCS.
* can work on multiple projects running simultaneously always taking into account expected timelines and budget.
* Handle BSL2 agents and cell-based assays in accordance with Janssen's EHS policies.
* PhD in life sciences (preferably in cellular biology/molecular biology) or M. Sc with 4 or more years of productive experience in a high-quality academic, biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
* Considerable knowledge and practical experience of aseptic technique, culturing of mammalian cell lines (adherent and suspension) and primary cells
* Knowledge and experience with assay development
* Good writing and communication skills, both in Dutch and English.
* Ability to rapidly learn and apply new techniques
* Motivated to work in continuous evolving scientific environment and to learn every day new things
* Knowledge of commonly used computer programs such as excel, word, outlook and can rapidly learn new systems/software packages
* A good understanding of the operational processes in a drug discovery/development environment related to lab facilities, equipment, safety and data management.
* Preferred skills would include: flexibility, strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and demonstrate sense of urgency
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)