Locations: Geel, Belgium
Functions: Quality Control
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905719192W
'Caring for the world, one person at a time'... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Janssen Geel Site produces high quality active pharmaceutical ingredients for Investigational and Commercial use. The Quality Control department is responsible for testing the Company's products.
Manager Quality Control reporting to the Senior Manager Quality Control and is responsible for managing the analytic testing activities of the JSC Geel Quality Control department.
* Lead a team of 5 lab team leaders and the QC planning coordinator, covering approximately 50 employees across 24/7 operations.
* Strive to provide optimal service to the Geel labs and their customers (production, QA, external clients), focusing on both NPI and supply chain needs.
* Provide strategic input regarding lab organization and set targets and objectives for the QC labs which are aligned with the site and Global QC objectives.
* Drive performance management in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost and ensure continuous improvement in all areas.
* Ensure that all quality and safety standards are reliably maintained and properly executed in the QC lab such that internal, customer service and Health Authority expectations are met.
* Attract and develop talent for QC labs, building capabilities for the future.
* Engage in regional / global projects in support of the supply chain network and all levels of the organization
Education & experience
* Engineering or scientific degree
* 8+ years of relevant experience in healthcare regulated industry or the chemical industry.
* Experience in a Quality Control environment is a plus
* Strong leadership skills with proven ability to mentor and coach
* Excellent change management skills
* Quality & service minded
* Proven ability in prioritizing according to the needs of different costumers
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to build a network and create win-win solutions in internal, cross departmental and cross site contacts through partnering, influencing and negotiating
* Knowledge of cGMP, additional experience with regulatory inspections is desirable
* Proven project management skills
* Excellent communicator
* Fluent in Dutch and English
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)