Purchase to Pay Lead Brussels
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Why join Umicore Share Service Center
Our Share Service Center (SHARE) is currently responsible for the transactional finance activities (General Accounting and reporting, Accounts Payables & Receivables) of the Umicore entities located in Europe. Through operation excellence we have embarked into a transformational journey aimed to increase value to our internal customer within Umicore. Our team is primarily helping our internal colleagues to ensure they can focus on the upstream activities by delivering our services on time and accurate.
Within the Purchase-to-Pay (PTP) department of SHARE, our specific objectives is to make sure that invoices are paid on time. This can only happen if we have a perfect understanding of the specifies and requirements of our business stakeholders and suppliers. We can only deliver impactful results by building the right relationship with them and understand how we can improve and deliver an outstanding user-experience.
Our challenge is also to embark into a digital journey aiming at automating our highly transactional activities thanks to Robots and Artificial Intelligence. As part of the SHARE team you will be in the driving seat of the future of the Shared Services industry.
You should not hesitate to apply if you are curious, willing to learn and work for an international group with strong Belgian Root that values and promotes personal development.
Your role within Share Service Center
Within SHARE, the Purchase-to-Pay (PTP) team is responsible for the correct and timely processing of supplier invoices for various companies in Belgium, Germany, Denmark, France and Poland. We wish to strengthen our team in Brussels and are looking for an PTP Lead. You will report to the PTP team lead and will be involved in the following activities:
* You will process be part of the invoices processing team;;
* You will follow up of the supplier accounts, the payment reminders and investigate and solve issues to ensure that all invoices are paid in time;
* You will act as the first point of contact in case of questions from suppliers, the Business Process Outsourcing company working with us, the Business Controlling teams and the Purchasing & Transport department;
* You will ensure quality of services provided by the Business Process Outsourcing company based on KPIs and controls;
* You will provide support on the month-end closing tasks related to Purchase-to-Pay and the preparation of management reports. This includes the review of sensitive accounts and their reconciliation;
* Finally and most importantly, you will act as process specialist in the review, optimization, automation and digitalization of the P2P processes by taking part to improvement projects, assisting in testing applications and provide feedback and white smoke;
What mindset, education, skills and experience do you need
You are dynamic, want to go fast and be the actor of your own career. You want to make the difference. You want to be part of a very dynamic and future-oriented team. You like to work accurately and to the point. You watch to meet agreements, comply with values and act with respect for people and the environment. You want to be part of Umicore's journey towards a more sustainable future. You want to work for one of the top 10 world's most sustainable corporations. You are open to work in a fast changing environment.
* The position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree;
* It also requires a minimum of 3 years of progressive responsibility in a financial environment;
* You should demonstrate a willingness to work autonomously and in teams;
* We also require you to demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams at multiple locations;
* You are also required the ability to lead, communicate with, and influence throughout the organization;
* You should be Flexibke to work in an interactive environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change;
* We expect you to be a Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively work under tight deadlines on a regular basis;
* You should be able to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively;
* You are preferably a proficient user of Microsoft Office products, SAP and other reporting tools;
* You might be asked to travel frequently
* You have a good knowledge of general and analytical accounting and a good knowledge of VAT legislation;
* You speak fluently and have good oral and written communication skills in English. Dutch, French or German are an asset.
What we offer
Within Umicore we aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. By applying you are not only applying for a position but for a real career path. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world's most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?