(Senior )Project Portfolio Manager E&PS Facilities
Multiple Locations: Beerse, Belgium; Netherlands; Switzerland; Italy; Germany; United Kingdom
Functions: Facilities (Eng)
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 00001F1R
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 129 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Project Portfolio Management roles will be housed regionally and will be accountable for delivering standardized and consistent Facilities Project Management services in line with the E&PS FM Strategy for delivering projects. This strategy leverages external PM Services as part of an IFM service offering
for the non-make portfolio of sites. This position reports directly into the Business Operations Lead and is responsible for successful execution of regional E&PS Facilities projects across manufacturing and /
or non-manufacturing environments. An ideal candidate for this role will have demonstrated experience delivering projects in facilities, Engineering, and project management along with a rich understanding of program and portfolio management across supply chain and non-supply chain sites.
Key relationships include communication and coordination with E&PS Facilities regional leads as appropriate, to ensure successful implementation and management of the E&PS Facilities program across regions while managing nuances of unique sub-regions. Project Portfolio Management is also
expected to involve extensive coordination with business customers on a project-specific basis.
* Serve as Regional Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Project Management Services on E&PS Facilities projects
* Approach Project Management from a broader regional scope; champion cross-regional coordination to deliver on project management and execution
* Identify, assess, prioritize and track portfolio of projects in make and non make
* Work with service providers, internal project management resources, and/or project services groups to lead execution of regional projects
* Track and control project development and execution through collaboration with Finance and business leaders
* Establish and enforce methodologies to generate savings and optimize the business while enabling tactical deployment of E&PS Strategy
* Develop and deploy capital plan for region including strategic and base business capital projects and monitor plan at all stages from approval through development, design, execution, and closure
* Coordinate with Asset Management COE, E&PS Facilities Business Operations functions, and segment functions that manage capital planning, budget, and cash flow to engage stakeholders in annual capital plan development
* Partner with Segment leadership, Finance, Regional Business Operations and Regional Lead in assessing risk
* Partner with EHS&S regarding project safety and contractor management
* Partner with J&J E&PS PM to ensure deployment of project management and engineering standards in all projects
* Maintain Capital Delivery Process and facilitate its use and continual improvement and benchmarking
* Participate in governance meetings at all levels where appropriate and provide input into performance evaluation
* Assist in supplier management and conduct supplier business reviews (local operations. meetings, issue resolution, and escalation)
* Provide consistency and visibility across supply chain and non-supply chain site project portfolio
* Assume ownership of managing outsourced service providers; liaise with outsourced service providers and internal project management resources to ensure compliance with project delivery standards, policies, and procedure
* Maintain database of annual projects spending for forecasting
* Partner with peer functions across the globe to support global Sector/Segment SPOC's
* Scope will be aligned within the team of PPM's in EMEA, where one PPM will focus on one Sector and one or two sub-regions.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; related field (operations, engineering, computer science, facilities management, construction management, business, etc.) preferred
* Minimum 8 years of project management or related experience is required
* Minimum 8 years supervisory experience in Maintenance, Utilities, Project Delivery, Site Services or Facility Engineering is preferred
* Certifications (e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP), etc.) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Broad-based corporate real estate, facilities management, or equivalent experience required; preference for experience within a global corporation
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral; required
* Budget / financial management skills; required
* Ability to work in a team environment of professionals with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and technical areas; required
* Ability to focus strategically while maintaining a tactical focus; required
* Ability to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations; required
* Ability to lead diverse teams through change and organizational transformation; required
* Computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office Suite required
* Must be able to travel regularly between sites up to 25% of time
Location of Role: Any J&J Hub in EMEA with an E&PS team on site.
Language Requirements: English language fluency
Travel Requirements: This position will require up to 25% domestic and international travel
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Office of Strategy and Growth