Project Manager Transmission & Distribution
Project Manager Transmission & Distribution
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of energy projects such as renewable energy, conventional power generation, power transmission & distribution, gas & LNG. Tractebel' s ambition is to bring excellent, multidisciplinary engineering skills into shaping a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
The "Energy" Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields:
* Power, Heat and Desalination
* Gas: energy generation and pipelines
* Wind, on-shore and offshore
* Hydrogen, Energy Storage and Solar PV
* Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
Within the "Energy" Business Line, the "Transmission & Distribution" Product is in charge of the projects related to Transmission & Distribution infrastructure projects (e.g. high/medium voltage substations, high/medium Voltage transmission line and underground cable…). These projects include the following type of activities:
* Feasibility and Basic Design.
* Electrical System Studies.
* Detailed Electrical Design.
* Procurement of electrical equipment including factory acceptance testing.
* Electrical Design Review.
* Construction site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
* Audit of electrical installations.
These activities are executed within different contractual contexts as for instance consulting, owner's engineering, EPCM missions as well as EPC contract execution.
The concerned contracts could cover the following geographical areas: Europe, Africa, Middle East or Asia.
As Project Manager you must be able to endorse the responsibilities of a complete project in the Transmission & Distribution field.
* You are responsible of the contract realisation in all aspects: client relation, contract performances (financial, schedule, technical), security, environmental and legal constraints, ethics and compliance matters, etc…
* Establish in collaboration with the Electricity Competence Center the project team; define the tasks, the schedule and define the team functional responsibility.
* Set up the client relation follow up including variation orders and potential claims.
* Define the project concept and/or basic design in collaboration with the various experts.
* Manage the contractual programme respect, the quality of the contractual deliverables.
* Responsible for the financial results: financial status follow-up in collaboration with the Cost Controller, invoices and payments, bank guarantees, ...
* Establish the contractual relations with Partners and Sub-Contractors.
* Reporting of potential contract risks.
* Communication about the contract.
* Assistance to the prospecting and tendering.
* Tenders preparation in collaboration with the experts and the Sales Manager. Development of innovative approaches for answering clients' needs in T&D.
* Taking responsibility of the technical description, the methodology, the realisation cost and the risk analysis in the tender preparation.
* You are an electrical or electro-mechanical engineer with at least 10 years' experience in electrical projects and at least 5 years in project management.
* You have already proven experience in Transmission and Distribution projects.
* You have proven experience in consultancy services and/or EPC contracts projects.
* You are attracted by technical and management responsibilities.
* You are able to follow meetings in Dutch and English. French and/or additional language knowledge is an advantage.
* You are dynamic, creative, interested by high level expertise and team work.
* You are able to animate and motivate a team.
* You are mobile for short missions abroad.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Nov 7, 2019