Project Manager Digitalisation
Project Manager Digitalisation
Corporate Development & Infodoc
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organization. It's not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore's growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve - whether it's by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we've already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Project Manager Digitalization manages, prepares and co-ordinates digitalization projects and strategic studies and supports the portfolio management of digitalization projects. You communicate with Umicore's Business Units, corporate functions, EVP's, and ultimately the Digitalization Steerco and you play an advisory role in the Steerco's decision process.
In addition, you will contribute to the development of a centre of knowledge/excellence for the group in the field of digitalization expertise. Given your level of previous experience, you will have the ability to lead projects in an autonomous way, within the context of open teamplay.
You report to the VP Digitalization.
Your responsibilities :
* Work out specific action plans based on the agreed roadmaps and translate into concrete actions and projects. Coordinate certain projects as project manager.
* Work out budget for specific projects, calculate tangible business cases and returns for the different initiatives and projects.
* Follow-up on projects for the units, report results and progress and make recommendations on project portfolio.
* Assist in updating the digital roadmap in function of the evolution of digital technologies, resources and opportunities.
* Communicate and disseminate digital initiatives to stimulate faster proliferation and adoption of digital technology, with a focus on efficiency gains.
Who we are looking for
* You have a master degree in IT, sciences, engineering, mathematics, business or economy with a minimum of 5 years of work experience and with relevant project management experience, ideally in digitalization or consulting. Your interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology is definitely an asset.
* You have a sound understanding of project management, project finance and project portfolio management.
* You have excellent oral and written communication (including to senior management), presentation and facilitation skills in English, Dutch and French (German is a plus).
* Experience in operational efficiency/excellence and digitalization consulting is a plus.
* You have a strong sensitivity to the importance of IP and legal matters.
* You are a creative thinker in identifying, structuring and acting on digitalization opportunities.
* You are stress resistant and able to manage tight deadlines.
* You are a team player and motivator within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR PIONEERING APPROACH CAN MAKE US A LEADER IN SUSTAINABILITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?