Project Manager CAPEX
* Requisition ID: WD173501
* Position: Full-Time Regular
* Open date: Jul 10, 2018 2:01 PM
* Functional area: Project Management
* Required degrees: Not Indicated
Select Locale Email a friend
- Lead, Manage, Control, Monitor, Drive, execute, deliver and build a continuous robust Capex plan for an operation portfolio.
- Lead the project delivery process for medium and large-sized projects from feasibility stage to Hand-over and close-out to ensure an outcome which meets all the defined project objectives or Safety, Quality, Schedule and environment and delivers the business benefits.
This process relates to desin, procurement, construction, qualification, hand-over and close-out of new and or upgraded production, offices, warehouse, labs facilities
- Ensure the business alignment, planning, prioritization, approval, and outcome forecasting and depreciation impacts of the annual Belgium supply chain capital budget
- Has the overall accountability of a medium-sized portfolio of projects in Belgium Sites
- Define and manage the project budgets and schedules. Manage the process of assigned projects business cases preparation and present projects to the Belgium Capital Review and Manufacturing Infrastructure Investment Board
- Design his project organization structure & drive project teams capacity management
- Drive within his projects the Project Execution Plan Process, documenting the project delivery strategy and the success criteria according the Project Management Standard. Established a Quality Plan for the project and is proactive in planning for quality
- Prepare monthly progress reports for the project portfolio according to the Project Management Standard. Keep the steering Groups and Projects/Business Sponsors informed of critical issues and risks that could jeopardize projects success
- Develops a risk management strategy for the projects and the portfolio he/she is in charge and implements associated process and tools to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management of project risks
- Use proven selection processes to develop the appropriate contract strategy for the project selects and manages external partners (contractors, suppliers, Engineering offices) and settles any claims in accordance with company Policy
- Implements strict project and financial controls, including procedures for change control / management, cost control / forecasting, physical progress / productivity measurement, and invoice review / payment.
- Ensure that the overall commissioning, validation & hand over strategy that fully complies with the Project Management Standards and implements to ensure a timely and complete handover to the final user
- Support and Influence Business Unit (MPU.SPU) heads and related technical heads in the management of the overall Capex Plan
- Lead and motivate empowered teams where decision are taken at the lowest practical level in order to achieve individual and company objectives. Adopt performance management and accountability processes to drive project delivery, ensuring visible targets to all tem members.
- Recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure skills set meets current and future business demands providing technical coaching and training plans as required
- Ensure the retention, engagement and development of key talents within project team.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- 8 to 10 years' experience in the require domain
- Experience and capable to lead medium to large sized CAPEX projects and a team of junior and experienced contingent project managers
- Mechanical & or Process Engineer
- Background in the pharmaceutical industry
- Broad knowledge of Project Management and technologies processes
- The job holder will be of sufficient stature and credibility to effectively interface with and influence key opinion leaders within GSK Belgium
- Highly effective at influencing internally
- Leadership skills in particular in developing people
- Highly effective communication skills
- The role requires sound judgment and complex decision making where few precedents and considerable ambiguity may exist
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.