Project Manager Buildings - Urban
Belgium, East-Flanders, Gent
Engineering / Projects
URB00000123 Requisition #
Project Manager Buildings
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group, has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of urban projects such as cities, transport, buildings and complex structures, water infrastructure, geo-engineering and environment. Tractebel's ambition is to shape a sustainable living environment.
The working environment
You will work as Project Manager for our department Building which is responsible for engineering and consultancy services related to the development and realisation of Buildings, including Tertiary and Industrial Buildings, Sport Infrastructures and consultancy missions related to buildings. These projects cover feasibility, basic design, detailed design, technical assistance during construction and on-site construction follow-up. Our activity is mainly situated in Belgium, even though we have projects worldwide in specific market segments.
* You lead, motivate and manage a project team of multidisciplinary engineers and draftsmen for your projects.
* You are responsible for ensuring the respect of budget, the timing and the quality of our engineering services and the works on site. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules.
* You report progress for all your projects on a monthly basis
* You participate in the technical design of your projects (mainly in preliminary design).
* You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved.
* You prepare and submit tenders and contracts (assistance of our sales team)
* You work together with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) in a constructive way.
* Together with the client you are looking for the best solutions.
* You have a Master degree in Architectural Engineering (engineer-architect), Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
* You have at least 8 years of experience with project management of multidisciplinary building projects;
* You are rather a generalist than a specialist, with background in Structural, MEP or Architectural engineering; A profound knowledge in one the disciplines is an asset in order to participate partly in the study and design work for medium or small projects;
* The projects you worked on were preferably building projects with high environmental ambition;
* You were ideally involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,…);
* You have experience with competitive bidding (competitions): conceptual design, quick estimation of building cost, definition and negotiation of the fee, presentation to the client or authorities, etc.
* You have experience in conducting multidisciplinary projects in Construction with multiple stakeholders, time and budget constraints;
* You have and create good contacts with architects thanks to your communication skills;
* You are familiar with project planning and management approaches and are project financials literate
* You are client oriented and flexible;
* You are a team player;
* You are fluent in Dutch and you have a professional level of English.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Aug 28, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.