Project Manager (7729, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
* Manage the implementation of information systems to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
* Give proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow up and organisation.
* Coordinate the team in charge of project activities and review their deliverables.
* Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings.
* Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
* Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
* Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensure that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
* Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors.
* Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience.
* Liaise with Business owners
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills:
* Good knowledge of project management standards and methodologies (such as PM²)
* Proven knowledge and experience in software quality management, covering testing, support and service desks.
* Proven experience in project related financial management.
* Experience in software development methodologies
* Usage of project management tools.
* Good reporting methods and redaction skills.
* Ability to give presentations.
* Ability to apply high quality standards to all tasks
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
* Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
* Leadership capability
* Ability to work in English (written and oral)
Skills considered as an asset:
* Ability to work in French (written and oral)
* Specific expertise in quality management and security
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/5691
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 30 October, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 23 October, 2019