Project Management Leader, Value Chain Management
Multiple Locations: Beerse, Belgium; Netherlands; Italy; France; Ireland
Functions: New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905763959W
Janssen Supply Chain (JSC), is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Project Management Leader, VCM. We are open to consider the role to be based in any one of our JSC sites in EMEA with preference for Belgium and Ireland.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
The Project Management Leader (PML) is part of the Value Chain Excellence Project Organization of Value Chain Management in JSC.
Within the VCM Project Management Organisation, the Project Management Leader will lead a contractor team of Project Leaders to deliver on the execution of a portfolio of projects in the Late Stage of the product life cycle.
The scope of the role includes E2E process ownership for the Janssen Portfolio Optimization processes (Simplification/Delisting/Divestment), starting with product identification for optimization, through business case preparation support, project intake, scoping and execution until close-out.
The position will be crucial for driving continuous improvements in Cost/FTE optimization, Network Optimization, Risk reduction in the supply chain by building partnerships with the Strategic Business Development Team, the Commercial Organisation, the MTO organisation, CMC Regulatory Affairs, the Network Strategy team and the Quality organisation.
The role will report in the Head of Project Management for the VCM Project Management Organisation and will work in a close collaboration with the Value Chain Leaders who serve as project sponsors with the mission to support them in optimizing brand strategy and maximizing value.
Portfolio Optimization Projects Intake
* Supports the Value Chain Leaders in identifying the product priorities for Portfolio Optimization
* Drives the design, improvement and execution of a robust business case preparation process in partnership with the VCLs.
* Leads the governance for review of business cases for Portfolio Optimization.
* Secures timely and compliant intake for execution for the approved projects.
Portfolio Optimization Project Execution
* Accountable for the on time/on budget/in full project delivery for the assigned portfolio of projects.
* Prepares and communicates in a proactive manner the project management budget requirements for assigned area.
* Provides effective resource management, timely highlights risks to execution.
Portfolio Optimization Leadership/Communication
* Represents Portfolio Optimization in global discussion and forums.
* Owns the portfolio KPIs and collaborates with team of other Project Management Leaders to maintain a standard approach to tools, systems, metrics and communication across the entire VCM PMO portfolio.
* Builds strong interdependent partnerships and manages the communication effectively with key stakeholders across JSC, Commercial and the R&D Organisations
* Maintains the knowledge center and the Portfolio Optimization Playbooks.
* Continuously identifies improvement opportunities, challenges the status-quo, drives innovative approaches & concepts, embeds Business Focus in assigned area.
* Leads a team of contractor project managers, maintains agency relationships, conducts efficient recruitment and onboarding
* Provides continuous coaching to ensure effective project execution.
This role requires a dynamic leader who can collaborate effectively and communicate proactively with cross-functional team members and Senior Leaders. One that can demonstrate experience in the successful delivery of multiple projects (transfers, product changes from planning through to closeout). One that possess leadership, people management skills, have a high level of proficiency and experience in project management and excels in enterprise leadership, influencing and facilitation beyond their level. Be highly focused and inner-directed to ensure on-time, high-quality delivery of projects in accordance with defined objectives. Well organized and resourceful and will do what it takes to get the job done on time.
* A Bachelor's degree required. Focus in supply chain, engineering, logistics, manufacturing, finance or economics is preferred. An advanced / Master's degree is preferred.
* Previous experience in the pharmaceutical and/or consumer industry is required.
* Proven track record in Project Management /Project Leadership is required. Project Management Certification Preferred.
* Experience/Exposure to one or several of the following areas is required: portfolio optimization, launch management, tech transfer, manufacturing, planning, regulatory, quality or procurement.
* Exposure to an international working environment in previous roles is required.
* Broad business acumen, experience with business case preparation including insight in End-to-End supply chain characteristics is highly preferred.
* Capability of leading/overseeing multiple projects at the same time required.
* Track record in leading cross-functional teams required.
* Experience with Change Controls, Experience with Business Systems Deployment, Quality Systems, Experience with MS Project preferred.
* Ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
* Crisis Management, Risk Management, Problem Solving, Decision making, Team Leadership.
* Financial Management & Budgeting experience preferred.
* Excellent communication skills,Stakeholder management, negotiation, change management skills.
* Ability to work across organizational boundaries through influence, negotiation and partnering for changes requiring buy-in from all partners.
* Coaching/Mentoring skills/experience
* Travel Requirements: ~15%
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt