Project Leader Process Development
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore's rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
* Definition, coordination and timely execution of a group of projects within the program
* Reporting the overall project status and next steps towards the program management team
* Set-up and oversee the external research efforts
Competence development and team management:
* Set-up and execute the management of a new process technology team in his specific field of expertise
* Internalize technical competences coming from his background and external collaborations
* Define strategic direction for competence development in his field of expertise
* Active definition of public funded research project.
Who we are looking for
* Technical PhD degree (chemistry, physics, engineering, …) with over 10 years working experience within the domains of research project management and process technology development.
* Technical skills:
Expertise in process technology development in the field of ceramic powder handling and manufacturing
Expertise in transferring of R&D processes to piloting and industrial scale
Project management, organizing, planning and coordination skills
Business acumen and good understanding of R&D management and organization
Thorough knowledge of MS office products (with focus on Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of project scheduling programs is a plus (e.g. MS Project)
* Managerial skills:
Fluent writing and speaking in English
Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff in a matrix structure
Experience in managing global research projects with significant financial value and complicated structure.
Ability to utilize resources effectively on global scale
Good presentation skills and confidence presenting to senior management
* Must be able to wear safety shoes and protective equipment such as respirators, safety glasses and safety shoes.
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.
If our expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?