Project Leader Functional Materials 1
Research & Development
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN DO?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
As a Manager Battery Lab, you will develop and evaluate new materials for rechargeable batteries. You will lead the battery team and take responsibility over the electrochemical analyses. Based on these analyses and your material expertise you generate ideas for new material developments. You will broaden your expertise and make it available within different R&D projects. Moreover you maintain an internal network and share expertise with your colleagues.
* You are responsible for the battery team and actively participate in the assessment of new materials in different rechargeable battery technologies.
* You create understanding and insight in electrochemical analyses and relation with material properties.
* You identify and generate new ideas for Intellectual Property generation.
* You build up material understanding and cooperate with external laboratories, companies and business units within Umicore.
* You are responsible for the results, timing and budget of your projects.
* You generate cross-team interaction by regular reporting.
* You assess and improve the quality system, the safety policies and environmental & health processes and procedures.
* You lead the communication process towards your superiors, team members and business units related to your research projects. You coordinate the project evolution and the according reporting and administration.
* You continue to develop your own as well as the group's expertise in this field. You explore new techniques and create new ideas and developments that might contribute to the growth of the knowledge domain.
* You are responsible for the training, development and coaching of your team members to improve your and their competences (managers, white and blue collars).
* You contribute to other R&D projects by actively participating in cross-team events and by facilitating the sharing of expertise amongst colleagues.
* You take care of the communication with internal and external laboratories and companies.
* You build up an international network in order to explore new scientific methods and technologies.
* PhD in Electrochemistry or materials science.
* You have a deep knowledge on battery materials and electrochemical characterization.
* Mastering inorganic chemical competencies on synthesis, characterization and materials science at a high level is an asset.
* You have a comprehensive approach towards technical and scientific issues and new developments.
* You are strong in summarizing, reporting and presenting
* You have a systematic and methodological in approach.
* Fluent in English, both written and orally.
* You are result-oriented, creative and your work passion proves infectious; as such, you succeed in convincing other people.
* You are a team player and customer minded.
* You have good networking and communication skills, able to proactively build functional relations inside and outside the company
* You have strong analytical skills, able to assess & summarize(numerical) information and share knowledge and expertise with others
* You are able to give firm advice to the Business Units even when the decision/advice taken still encounters residual risks.
* You are prepared to travel abroad.
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.