Project Engineer (Offshore Wind)
For our Offshore Wind division, located in Hoboken (Antwerp) we are looking for a p roject engineer Offshore Wind.
In the context of the Offshore Services division strategy and within the set framework, as a project engineer, you will work in multi-disciplinary project team and shall give support to the engineering activities related to the different system of your specialty (expertise). You will primarily be responsible for assisting the project engineering manager in organizing the engineering works, and secondary also will be responsible for the design and delivery of a set of mechanical or electrical systems, depending on your education and relevant work experience. You will report to the project engineering manager.
What will this professional challenge consist of?
- you will assist the project engineering manager in:
- preparing integrated concept designs, outline specifications, technical specifications for systems and equipment, functional specifications together with partners where appropriate
- translating client's and statutory requirements in appropriate technical documents (Request For Proposal - Technical part) to be used by the procurement team to obtain "best in class" conditions (at bidding phase and execution phase) according to customers' expectations and for their execution in compliance with the estimate
- leading the engineering activities for the allocated project and monitor quality, assess input from own engineering team, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
- preparing the operations & maintenance manuals to be delivered to customers
- incorporating appropriate maintenance engineering in the design and provide support to the in-house Monitoring & Maintenance department
- providing support towards construction & commissioning: definition of procedures, tools & systems to organize the works for the construction of the products to be delivered (resources, tools, quality, H&S ...) - improve efficiency thanks to lessons learned ("learning team")
Is this the job you are looking for? Apply now!
- university level degree, master of science in engineering (mechanical/electrical/electromechanical)
- minimum 3 years' experience in engineering, procurement & construction activities related to offshore structures
- track record related to offshore substations (OHVS) is a clear asset
- knowledge of DNVGL-ST-145 and DNVGL-OS-D201 is a preference
- knowledge of Dutch codes and standards pertaining to offshore substations is an advantage
- for candidates with electrical engineering background:
- knowledge of IEC 60362/IEC 61439/IEC 61892 is an advantage
- experience with AutoCad and Eplan software is an advantage
- experience with Caneco software is an advantage
- for candidates with mechanical engineering background:
- experience with mechanical systems onboard an electrical platform/Oil & Gas platform or a ship is preferred
- ambition to develop leadership capabilities and experience in supervising engineering team in an international context or to develop expertise in particular fields of knowledge to become a system expert engineer
- able to manage good relationships with project management team, the client and our partners while monitoring ENGIE's interests
- communication skills: English. Knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German is definitely an added value
ENGIE Solutions is a major player in the growing European offshore windfarm sector. Constantly seeking innovative solutions, we developed the multidisciplinary concept of the Offshore High-Voltage Substation (OHVS) to optimize exporting power generated by a wind farm. Our capacity to take an OHVS project from the initial feed studies through to operation and maintenance and to deliver on-time has greatly contributed to an increasing number of wind farm investors calling on our involvement.
ENGIE Solutions guides its B2B customers in their sustainable transformation, ranging from design to installation, and focuses on three major customer segments: cities, industries and buildings. To make these ecosystems greener and more energy efficient, but also more attractive, competitive and comfortable, ENGIE Solutions offers a wide range of turnkey solutions and financing options. The teams are as close as possible to the customers, with 56 offices spread across the country.
ENGIE Solutions offers you
Working at ENGIE Solutions is a challenge that opens up opportunities to participate in exciting projects in various sectors of activity. You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies. You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency. Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation.
Your HR contact: Annick Verelst
Workplace: Leo Bosschartlaan 1, 2660 Hoboken
- Posting Date: Sep 9, 2020