Project Engineer Acoustics & Vibrations-Urban
Project engineer Acoustics & Vibrations Brussels The working environment
The business line Urban is responsible for engineering and consultancy services related to the development and realisation of Buildings and Infrastructure. These projects cover feasibility, basic design, detailed design, technical assistance during construction and on-site construction follow-up. Our activity is mainly situated in Belgium, even though we have projects worldwide in specific market segments.
Inside our business line, you will join our department 'acoustics & vibrations' which is involved in:
- Environmental acoustics
- Building acoustics
- Structural dynamics
The team is composed of -specialized engineers dedicated to the management of noise and vibration nuisance and the improvement of acoustic quality in a variety of projects (buildings, infrastructure, nuclear facilities, industry, environment, ...).
Your main responsibilities are:
- Assist the department with performing specific noise and vibration measurements
- Analyse and report the measured data to obtain specific indicators according to standards and legislation
- You will be responsible for modelling and simulating the generation, the propagation and the impact of noise and vibration in open and built space making use of advanced and specific software
- Together with the client you are looking for the best solutions using a problem-solving approach
- You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering services is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules
- You have a Master's Degree in Engineering (e.g.: civil engineering, electro-mechanic, ...) or similar.
- You have approximatively 10 years of relevant experience with Acoutics and Vibrations projects in the building sector or other
- You are fluent in French and have a good understanding of Dutch. Your level of English must be good
- You are dynamic and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You are a team player and you aim at meeting the client's expectations
- You are critical and are able to think out-of-the-box
- You provide advice and solutions to clients
- You can work autonomously and efficiently in order to meet personal and general objectives.
What we offer
- Full autonomy in carrying out your duties
- A complex job full of challenges with the right attention to work/life balance as part of our Employee Value Proposition
- Home working possibilities and flexible offices
- Flexible mobility possibilities
- A dynamic and flexible HR management including personal development possibilities
More about Tractebel Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce
- Posting Date: Jul 13, 2020