Program Physician Rheumatology
Date: Jul 12, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
We all share one big ambition. What´s yours?
Everyone who works at UCB holds the same ambition - to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. Of course, we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals. That´s why we ensure every UCB colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do. Wherever in the world we´re based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
To help us meet our ambitions and provide the best solutions to patients, UCB is currently seeking a talented individual as a
Lead Program Physician for one of our key immunology compounds in development (Bimekizumab)
Based either at one of our main R&D sites in Raleigh (USA), Monheim (Germany), or Slough (UK), or at our Headquarters in Brussels (Belgium). He/she will be the Medical Program Lead for our development program in axial spondyloarthritis, and in addition provide medical and strategic oversight to UCB clinical development programs for multiple indications throughout the lifecycle of the compound.
Nature & Scope
The Lead Physician is accountable for providing medical expertise and medical leadership to clinical development strategies to allow project teams to successfully deliver the clinical program aligned with the Target Patient Value Profile (TPVP) and Clinical Development Plan (CDP).
The Lead Physician will achieve this as a key member of an interdisciplinary team developing high quality, innovative, patient-focused and state-of-the-art clinical development strategies. The Lead Physician will partner with all key members to provide UCB development projects with the highest quality and differentiating medical expertise.
The Lead Physician will, together with other team members, establish and maintain a network of KOLs with expertise in the targeted indications and will work with both internal and external partners and stakeholders to enhance the use of innovative methodologies in clinical development programs to deliver differentiated patient solutions and maximize the value for patients.
* Provide medical/scientific expertise and strategic input into project teams designing and executing clinical development programs in multiple indications for bimekizumab, with a focus on the axial spondyloarthritis program
* Work in close partnership with all key team members of clinical and broader project teams to ensure all medical aspects of the Clinical Development Plans are consistently of high quality, innovative, reflecting state-of-the-art methods and designed in alignment with the ambitions for the asset
* Provide medical expertise into indication selection, assessment of current and future treatment strategies, unmet need, target patient population, development plans and regulatory submission documents and other documents with content of medical relevance
* Lead the team of physicians working on the clinical programs for this asset
* Establish and maintain expert internal and external network in respective therapeutic area(s)
* Represent UCB as a global medical/scientific spokesperson or key contributor with the internal and external community including various regulatory and governmental agencies.
* Represent UCB as medical/scientific expert at conferences, symposia, and meetings.
Education & Experience
* Medical qualification (MD)
* Board-certification in rheumatology is advantageous but not a necessity
* Substantial (10+ years) experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with significant clinical development experience in Phase 2 and 3 in the rheumatology area
* In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and related business compliance
* Experience as a medical expert in interactions with regulatory authorities
* Experience in leadership roles (matrix environment, managing people)
* Strong team player with ability to lead in matrix teams in global and diverse environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal (including executive management) and external key stakeholders (including regulatory authorities)
* Passionate to ensure medical and scientific excellence and creation of differentiated patient value through clinical development
* Strategic thinking, with problem-solving ability, customer focus and a recognized commitment to quality
* Ability to work independently to solve complex problems and ability to take a holistic view as medical expert to support the project across indications
* Strong data-driven thinking and ability to interpret medical/scientific data and clinical relevance
* Flexible and adaptable working style
* Strives to have fun at work while creating value for patients
* Readiness to travel globally
* Coaching and mentoring skills
Have we made you curious?
Then we look forward to receiving your online application (please only use our online application tool) for this position stating your earliest availability or actual notice period as well as salary expectations. We thank you for your interest in UCB and look forward to getting in touch with you! UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, we generated revenue of EUR 4.6 billion in 2018.
Do you want to find out more about us? Visit our website: www.ucb.com
Job Segment: Immunology, Medical, Law, Pharmaceutical, Physician, Healthcare, Legal, Science