Program Manager Thin Film Sensors and Circuits
What you will do
Imec's Large Area Electronics department is developing electronics, in particular thin-film electronics, on flexible plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow's flexible displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a program manager thin film sensors and circuits.
As program manager you will have a three-fold role: roadmap definition, project management and support of business development. For the definition of the program roadmap, you will actively reach out to customers to understand the market needs and capture the trends and future industry needs, report back to the team and develop the imec research roadmap with our experts. As lead project manager, you will be the communication channel to the customer, and you will be responsible for the execution of projects and drive the team towards timely delivery of milestones and deliverables within budget. To develop the business, you will work closely together with the business development manager and public funded project manager to maintain a clear offering and you will continuously scout for new partners ensuring a solid future revenue stream.
Your responsibilities are:
* Setting the vision for the thin film sensor and circuit program and translating this to a program roadmap.
* Transforming the strategic plan into operational plans together with the technical experts. Starting from the application, formulating technology needs and facilitating implementation.
* Communicating vision and roadmap: Explaining the program content internally to the group and following-up the program work plan.
* Following up on projects with international customers, ensuring timely deliveries within budget with high quality standards to guarantee partner satisfaction.
* Systematically capturing, reporting and acting on partner feedback.
* Supporting the business development manager and public funding manager in the creation of business propositions & project proposals.
* Taking up a leading role in the definition of new customer projects, ensuring close alignment with the technical experts.
* Writing and coordination of public funded projects.
* Collecting, organizing and distributing technical inputs from partner interactions, conferences and literature; continuously benchmarking the program.
* Facilitating program outreach, writing press announcements, creating information packages, organizing demo's at booths.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world's premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you'll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have solid experience in planning and executing R&D projects. You have relevant experience in at least two aspects of the job (roadmap definition, project management, business development) and you are eager to complete your expertise on the job. You already have the required technical expertise or you have the clear ambition of acquiring it on the job, to the level that you can independently represent the program internally and externally. You are a solid planner, but you recognize that reality of R&D projects requires flexibility in the execution of the plans. You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers, in order to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the value your team should bring.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
* Are passionate about innovation;
* Have a PhD degree (minimum a Master's degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or Nano-science/nano-technology;
* Have a technical background in one or more key fields (sensors, thin-film electronic design or circuits) and demonstrate solid understanding of the thin-film sensor and circuit market;
* Have about 10 years of relevant experience. Experience in R&D management role or a business (management) position is a plus;
* Have experience in funded project writing and about 5 years of relevant project management experience. You are organized and you can structure a complex project;
* Have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers;
* Have a relevant international network of companies, research institutes and/or academia;
* Demonstrate a clear sense of ownership with a strong drive for growing your program;
* Have excellent command of English;
* Enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural team;
* Are ready to travel approximately 4 times per year.
Apply for this job
Share this on
stay up to date
Don't miss out on new job opportunities
Receive new job opportunities
Follow imec on:
Nederlands | English
CMOS and beyond CMOSImage sensors and vision systemsSilicon photonicsThin-film flexible electronicsWearablesPhotovoltaicsGaN
Sensor solutions for IoTWireless IoT communicationRadar sensing systemsSolid state batteriesData science and data securityLife sciences
What we offer