Program Delivery Lead
Date: Mar 8, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Program Delivery Lead
Global Clinical Sciences & Operations
March 08, 2019 * Location: Slough, United Kingdom / Brussels, Belgium / Monheim, Germany
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Global Clinical Sciences and Operations team, based either in our affilites in Slough, United Kingdom, Monheim, Germany or in at HQ in Brussels, Belgium we are looking to fill the position of: Program Delivery Lead.
Is your analytical adeptness second only to your strategic capacities? At UCB, we know you as a 'stratelytical' person. This specific blend of talent means you are a deep-thinking planner devoted to improving patients' lives.
As a UCB 'stratelytical' person and Program Delivery Lead you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Serve as point person within GCSO for program level operational updates and issues, ensuring open, transparent communication with GCSO team members, line management and GCSO strategic partnering liaisons
* Provide operational expertise and support to the clinical development strategy of a UCB compound. This would be for various indications, starting at the 'First in Human' stage (DP3) and continuing throughout the product lifecycle.
* Drive scenario planning in the program by providing high level budget and timeline estimates
* Liaise and engage with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) to support the program
* Contribute to the implementation of the Clinical Development Plan (CDP) through strategic oversight of operational activities managed by one or more clinical project managers (CPMs) ensuring project management consistency and alignment across studies and indications within a program.
As a UCB 'stratelytical' person and Program Delivery Lead you will contribute by:
* Being responsible for the overall clinical operational leadership within GCSO, being the point of contact for the assigned program, Phase I - IV
* Working closely with the Clinical Program Director (CPD) and CST Lead integrating scientific knowledge and operational excellence in collaboration with the CPM to ensure excellence in translation of CDPs into efficiently delivered studies
* Driving feasibility and scenario planning for country considerations and risk/mitigation strategies for recruitment on a program level
* Responsible for providing operational expertise in the clinical development of key program documents across the lifecycle of a program
* Collaborating closely with Site Engagement, Patient Engagement and Strategic Feasibility as early as possible to project meaningful study recruitment rate estimates and timelines
* Providing strategic oversight of operational activities managed by one or more CPMs within a clinical program and ensure there is consistency across the program.
* Supporting Clinical Project Managers in ongoing study budget and timeline forecasting to ensure studies remain on time and in alignment with actual spend as well as trade-off analysis discussions, continual proactive assessment of risk identification/mitigation strategies
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Master degree of equivalent experience working in the SME space for 10 years that can be in lieu of an advanced degree
* At least eight years of relevant experience in clinical trial management including team leadership
* Experience managing several in-house and/or outsourced regional or global multi-center clinical studies from study start-up to study report completion
* Substantial experience in study management and proven ability to manage complex, multinational studies
* Possess strong technical background in biopharmaceutical research and a thorough understanding of good clinical practice and the clinical research development process
* Strong team leadership skills
* Effective stakeholder management skills
* Ability to develop and manage study budgets
* Ability to motivate, mentor, and lead individuals on multi-disciplinary international teams
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities in an environment of changing priorities
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strategic planning and execution ability at program level
* Demonstrated ability to address/solve both simple and complex issues
* Ability to develop and implement risk mitigation plans
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Strategic Planning, Clinical Research, Medical Research, Project Manager, Strategy, Healthcare, Research, Technology