Job ID 278884BR
Position Title PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Apply to Job
15 mio! That is the number of units of prefilled syringes that we yearly produce on our manufacturing site in Puurs. These are used for cataract surgery so we can help improve the eyesight of patients worldwide.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* As production supervisor you will be jointly responsible for the daily realization of the planned production figure, according to the required quality standards.You will ensure a good communication flow top down and bottom up.
* Moreover, you will optimize the production process (in terms of capacity, quality, productivity, costs...) in a strongly people-oriented environment.
* You will supervise sterile activities, compounding and filling activities according to existing procedures in order to ensure quality and productivity.
* You will manage a team of 10 to 50 employees, you will take care of the division and play a coaching role. You will also provide training and education.
* You will be responsible for defining and developing projects that can make production more efficient and / or qualitative (capacity expansions, automation and adjustments in processes and process flows).
What you'll bring to the role:
* A degree in a scientific / technical direction (university or equivalent, eg bio-engineer, engineer, pharmacist).
* A first working experience in a scientific field.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* A pleasant and friendly personality, you know how to put people at ease, you are highly empathic.
* Stress resistance in a dynamic environment and capability to cope with quickly changing priorities in the plan.
* Human knowledge, good logical reasoning skills, good organizational and coordination talent and the capacity to devise and implement process improvements in a creative way.
* Excellent knowledge (speaking and writing) of English and Dutch.
* Experience in pharma and / or a production environment
* 2 years of management experience.
We offer you a challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment. Investment in people is a priority for Novartis. We offer a range of possibilities for personal development and career opportunities within the group to motivated, qualified people. We offer you a competitive salary and benefit package. Your office will be based in Puurs. Novartis supports a flexible work-life integration.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Division Novartis Technical Operations
Business Unit NTO ASEPTICS
Company/Legal Entity ALCON BEL
Functional Area Technical Operations
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular