* Requisition ID: WD162085
* Position: Full-Time Regular
* Open date: Jul 12, 2018 1:16 PM
* Functional area: Project Management
* Required degrees: Not Indicated
Select Locale Email a friend
Business Understanding & Management
- Understands key business issues in own area. Applies management skills to improve efficiency and accomplish operational objectives within own unit
Financial & resource management
- Works to control cost related in team managed, within budgetary constraints.-Is unlikely to have hire/fire decisions
- Based on information that is readily available, takes prompt decisions related to challenges and issues of own unit to ensure continued effectiveness of own unit
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and own business plan and impact to the efficiency and effectiveness of own unit
Planning, Organizing & Delivering
- Sets priorities for team members to meet daily deadlines; may delegate control over established work flow. Co-ordinates work flow and work quality
- Ensures the work quality according to methods, refers to existing instructions and appropriate rules, and controls results
- Enables team to respond to short-term plans and to adopt change
- Is aware of the need to improve effectiveness; makes general statements about the need to improve effectiveness and mobilizes team towards continuously doing better
- Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, investigating all the facts
Engaging & Developing People
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally
- Clearly defines roles, responsibilities and team objectives
- Builds an environment that supports co-operation and cohesiveness among the work team; makes statements about common interest
- Listens to team members; trusts them and responds to their requests for help
- Manages the performance of business or technical support or production Team
- Understands the need to be informed and makes effective use of information that is readily accessible or routinely distributed to develop the team's expertise
- Is aware of the value of new ideas and is open to those put forward by team members and others; questions current practices
- Supports reports in identifying and resolving day-to-day technical, operational and organizational problems of low complexity
- Sees logical relations: identifies links between different components of a problem or situation related to own work team
- Understands, applies and refers to standards
- Persuades team members / others in straightforward situations, adapting presentation to arouse interest
- Let's others know own position when asked; displays energy and self- motivation
- Listens carefully and presents technical information clearly to team members
- Communicates effectively and regularly to inform team members of work plans and progress
Technical & Specialist Expertise
- Demonstrates basic people management skills
- Broadens technical knowledge in one area
- Demonstrates comfortable level of oral and written English
- Responsible for the operation of a production plant within a production site
- Responsible for activities and resources engaged in the production process and for their continuous optimization
- Co-ordinates manpower targets, resources and skills
- Evaluates capacities (employees and machines) necessary to the completion of the production plan
- May be involved in the coordination of supply and demand
- Supervises / Manages day to day vaccines operations (Bulk, Formulation and Filling) in a multiple products environment
- Applies the recommended processes and anticipates potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with the Change Management procedures.
- Ensures compliance of the operations with GMP and Authorities requirements. Monitors quality of the production in close collaboration with QC and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible to implement the Operational Excellence Process in the facility
- Is a representative of his activities in external audits
- Organizes and monitors performance progress efficiency of the facility through Key Performance Indicators related to Quality, Budget, Delivery and Security.
- Provide technical support to direct reports.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Bio Engineer or University degree in sciences or equivalent acquired through experience
- At least 2 years experience in vaccine production or specific production unit is an asset
- Knowledge in supply chain management and/or processes and/or biopharmaceuticals technologies
- Knowledge of GMP for biologicals products and/or aseptic practices is an asset
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.