Product Manager Environmental Testing (293834)
Job ID 293834 - Posted 12/03/2018 - Belgium - Leuven - Digital Factory - Product Management, Portfolio & Innovation - Experienced Professional - Permanent - Full time only
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Job Title: Product Manager Environmental Testing
The Product Manager Environmental Testing will assist the Product Line Manager in defining and bringing to market the Simcenter Testlab Environmental Testing products for vibration and acoustic control. For this position, we are looking for a technical person, with a strong marketing and commercial mindset, who knows how to relate product features to customer benefits and successfully position these into the market; as well as to propose and steer research activities and translate the research outcome into new products by closely interacting with the development team.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
In this role you will be responsible for following areas:
* Product Marketing: defining strategies for maximizing commercial success of our Simcenter Testlab Environmental Testing product suite, considering and deciding 'which' markets to go after and also 'how' the products should be brought to market.
* Product definition: assisting in the development of the short and long term roadmap of Simcenter Testlab Environmental Testing with the objective to maximize business return. You will gather requirements from a variety of sources: market analysis, competitive analysis, specific customer needs, and alike. You will collect the right set of requirements in a timely manner, prepare and defend the business cases in due time. You write the requirements down in detail, including software requirement aspects covering functionality.
* Based on market needs, you propose concrete innovation projects and steer research activities carried out by the internal research team or external research partners.
* During the development phase of an ongoing release you keep close interaction with the development teams for reviewing functional specifications, assisting in the testing, resetting priorities, and more.
* You make sure that he materials needed for a successful launch are ready in due time. This concerns both internal-only materials such as competitive positioning but also external materials such as Simcenter Testlab Environmental Testing presentations, highlighting the values of a new release.
* You provide 2nd line deal support assisting the zones and countries technically and commercially with the objective to leverage your expertise to assist in closing deals.
The position in based in Leuven, Belgium. Willingness to travel is essential in order to support deals, collect customer feedback and requirements, attend exhibitions and conferences, execute innovation projects with international research and business partners.
The successful candidate:
* Has a Master's degree or PhD (preferred) in mechanical engineering or comparable (aerospace, automotive, electrical, civil, …)
* Has a technical solid background in the area of vibration testing, acoustics, control, and matrix algebra
* Is able to manage technical information and relate to all business partners
* Has strong representation and relationship building skills, both internally and with external clients and partners
* Has knowledge of PLM solutions and physical testing: data acquisition hardware and software for vibrations and acoustics, digital signal processing
* Is a team player, analytical and result-driven
* Is fluent in English (both verbal and written)
What we offer:
Siemens PLM Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, in an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. PLM Solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Siemens Industry Software NV (SISW, formerly known as LMS) is an engineering innovation company, with proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system modelling for noise, vibration, durability and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications. Within the larger Siemens PLM organization and portfolio, SISW is responsible for developing hardware and software solutions for product and systems validation and verification, based on test and simulation, hereby enabling as the only PLM vendor a "closed-loop System Driven Product Development with integrated test" solution. Siemens PLM Software is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with fifteen million licensed seats and more than 140,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them
make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.