Product Manager Buildings - Urban
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001675 Requisition #
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Tractebel is looking for a :
Product Manager Buildings
Business Entity Belgium
The working environment
You will be part of the Business line URBAN within the Business Entity Belgium. Our entity aims to grow its business in Belgium and abroad by offering its customers and prospects high quality, attractive, competitive and innovative solutions in the following domains:
* Urban consultancy in the domains of urban planning and development, mobility, sustainability & policy and environment;
* Engineering of Transport Infrastructure projects (road, rail, bridges, tunnels and multimodal hubs), Buildings and Complex Structures;
To deal with its many projects the Business Line seeks to expand its management team by hiring a Product Manager Buildings based in Belgium. The Building product has the full responsibility to manage all building projects within its perimeter. The turnover of the product is about 20 Million € and the team counts about 100 engineers, architects, consultants, designers and support. The Product Manager Buildings is member of the Business Line Management Committee.
The main tasks of the Product Manager Buildings are:
* Translating the entity values and strategy into the Building product;
* Implementing a strategic vision and seeking out avenues for future development through innovation, development of new technologies or the acquisition of existing players, so as to keep up the pace of internal and external growth;
* Fostering synergies with the other Tractebel (and Engie) entities to propose more integrated offers to our Clients;
* Expanding the product turnover in Belgium and abroad, with the emphasis on tertiary sector and industrial buildings: office buildings, shopping centres, data centres, hotels, leisure sport facilities (swimming pools and stadiums), hospitals and healthcare, public buildings, eco- districts, logistics buildings, control centres, laboratories, airports, car parks, stations & depots, etc;
* Organising the business development and sales activities of the portfolio together with the URBAN Business Development & Sales team;
* Developing the organisation and motivation of teams in terms of recruitment, technical development, career development...;
* Developing the budget in agreement with the Business Line Director URBAN;
* Achieving technical, qualitative and financial performance in the projects of the portfolio;
* Managing and controlling of overhead costs;
* Making QHSE and ethics concerns a top priority.
* You have a Master Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business Administration or equivalent;
* You have an overall technical knowledge in the Building sector;
* You have several years of experience in a similar position, or in management of large projects;
* You are used to managing budgets while being able to have an overall view on projects;
* You are capable to coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from business developers, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal, …;
* You have strong communication skills and are able to discuss at technical & managerial level;
* You are empathic in order to lead and motivate teams in Flanders, Brussels and Wallonia to do projects in Belgium and abroad with a focus on quality and profitability in line with the customer's needs;
* You have a dynamic personality, are well organized and can work independently;
* You have a strong cooperative mind-set and show openness towards other products and teams;
* You are dynamic, have a positive approach and handle all your actions with integrity;
* You are a team player, stimulate innovative solutions and you have negotiating skills;
* You have an excellent knowledge of French, Dutch and English;
* You are open to short missions abroad;
* Excellent knowledge of players in the real estate sector is an asset.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Jan 24, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.