09 Feb 18 Belgium Biomedical Engineering
Materialise is a dynamic Belgian high-tech worldwide company, founded in 1990, with over 1,500 employees worldwide. Materialise's mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Materialise produces advanced, patient-specific medical guides and implants that are used to facilitate complex surgeries. Using our advanced 3D software, we help surgeons in planning their medical treatments starting from the patient's MRI or CT scan data. We then enable easy transfer of such planning into the OR using our case-specific surgical guides and implants, which are produced using Additive Manufacturing technology. For this high-end production process, we are looking for a Process Engineer to strengthen our team in our Belgian HQ.
Are you an engineer & are you looking for a challenging opportunity within a fast growing operational activity? Would you like to be responsible for the further growth and improvement of our medical production processes? Are you a hands-on type capable of quickly developing a technical expertise in a cutting-edge technology? Then it is you that we are looking for to complete our team as a:
As a Process Engineer you will be part of the team responsible for supporting, expanding, and continuously improving the manufacturing process for medical guides and implants.
* You will work with advanced 3D printing & post-processing technology we use to make our patient-specific implants. Your hands-on engineering approach will ensure you become the technical expert and GoTo for both operational & development challenges.
* By building up this expertise in the different technologies of this manufacturing process, you will be able to advice on improvements in the process and take an active role in implementing these improvements.
* You assure new and improved processes are rolled out in the organization both in terms of process documentation and work instructions, as through training and monitoring the use of processes by employees.
* You will participate in all sorts of multidisciplinary projects, including the selection, introduction & validation of new software and hardware equipment as well as the introduction of new products/partners inside the existing manufacturing process
* You assume overall responsibility for the management and execution of projects to improve the efficiency, quality and compliance of operational and business processes.
The key to your success lies in the creation and execution of various projects in close collaboration with your colleagues from both development and operational teams. You will work from the HQ of Materialise in Belgium and you will be part of an international team of Process Engineers.
* A master's degree in engineering is required; a first experience in production or production techniques is a plus.
* You have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
* You have a great interest in medical regulations.
* You have eye for detail
* You go for zero failures
* You are hands-on, eager to learn and hardworking.
* You are accurate and well organized: a strong focus on quality is essential when producing medical equipment.
* You have a positive, can-do attitude.
* You are open to travel occasionally.
Materialise offers you
People are the cornerstone of Materialise and we treasure the talent, skills, and values of our employees very highly. We believe that maintaining the right environment and culture for employees is crucial for an organization's success. Therefore, we are devoted to building a global team of specialists in an open environment that favors personal growth. Programs have been put in place to keep our fair, direct company culture alive. Moreover, we proudly invest in personal development and offer challenging careers where employees are empowered to grow professionally as well as personally. You will liaise with different people throughout the organization on a daily basis and we guarantee that no day will be the same. Your effort and energy will be rewarded with a competitive salary and with extralegal advantages. In order to have a good work-life balance, we offer you flexible working hours.
Apply to this job