Process Automation Expert Engineer
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 280 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization.
Process Automation Expert
We are looking for experienced engineer prepared to grow in the Process Automation field; supporting Laborelec into a series of diverse, practice-oriented and complex subjects for which they will seek creative solutions.
Our department is tasked with providing a wide range of services and solutions to enable customers to guarantee and improve the operability, reliability and availability of their facilities via their process and control automation systems, including more specific sensor solutions, conceptual improvements for control loops and logics, suitable data processing and an optimised operator interface. Simulators and tools developed both in-house and by suppliers are used to test solutions. Your area of work will mainly be the power production sector: from nuclear to classical thermal including also renewables.
Good knowledge of process automation and process dynamics is required to define, develop and implement opportunities for improvement. Close cooperation with team members and customers is a crucial success factor. Customer focus is a must.
The missions take place worldwide and at different industry segments. This often entails short business trips.
In accordance with your affinities and talents, you will have the opportunity to subsequently move on to senior expert functions, functions focusing more on multidisciplinary aspects, project management functions, or more operational functions involving technical management aspects, either at ENGIE Laborelec or within the ENGIE Group.
Some examples of frequently requested services are:
- conducting conceptual process reviews and optimising control loops
- FAT and SAT of controllers (act as owner representative)
- running specific measuring campaigns for specialized system
- troubleshooting equipment defects and process disruptions
- supporting I&C project design, and validating and implementing solutions
- effectively discussing ideas and conclusions with power plant operators and management
Are you passionate about technology and find a career as an I&C Expert attractive?
- are you a civil or industrial engineer specialising in process automation and control?
- do you enjoy working in a dynamic project-management culture?
- are you customer-focused?
- are you flexible and do you spontaneously take initiative?
- do you like teamwork and cooperation and are you a good communicator?
- do you speak fluent Dutch and/or French with good knowledge of English?
- are you familiar with office IT and mathematical software (such as MATLAB) and willing to (learn how to) program technical software?
- do you believe in nuclear technology's contribution to an environmentally friendly, low-carbon energy mix ?
- do you prioritise safety ?
- are you prepared to take regular short business trips abroad (around four to six times a year)?
If so, do not hesitate to apply for this position!
ENGIE Laborelec offers you
- a competitive salary with a range of benefits
- an exciting job where you tackle a variety of problems from the entire electricity sector both in Belgium and abroad
- a tailor-made, technical specialisation programme within a young and dynamic team, where you will work with experienced colleagues who are happy to share their knowledge with you
- a healthy work/life balance
- a stimulating career in a top research and competence centre within ENGIE, the international energy group to which we belong
Your HR contact
Damien Colmant - damien.colmant@ engie.com
Workplace : ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
- Posting Date: May 8, 2020