Organize, manage and oversee Engineering and Technical requirement relating to automation projects, and as directed by management; manage the development of assigned engineering activities as related to CLS EMA Projects.
Coordinate high-level project activities and maintain accountability for overall project success; develop project plans, timelines and resource requirements; facilitate cross-functional teams to achieve project goals.
Interface with all of the necessary organizations (Marketing, Facilities, EHS&S, Planning, Operations, Suppliers, as well as others) to provide for design support, buy-in and implementation.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Play a leading role in the communication efforts of Engineering & Facility Services processes between various individuals both internal and external to the organisation.
Ensure compliance with GMP/FDA/ISO requirements and be a key player to optimise and coordinate learnings other CLS and Manufacturing sites as appropriate.
Lead the strategic implementation of the CLS Engineering Technology Roadmap and guide the relevant CLS sites through strategic long term capacity planning.
Describe any additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience required:
* Team player, adaptive to cultural differences.
* English, French, basics German - any other EMEA language is an asset.
* Understanding of the JNJ MD distribution operation, in-depth experience in both DePuy and Synthes processes. Understanding of the processes and IT systems.
* Have insights and knowledge of strategic logistics (supply chain-, transport- and warehouse management). Logistic process and project experience. Have basic insights and knowledge of IT equipment
* Project management experience: control of information flows, manage/control budgets and follow-up of planning.
* Have knowledge of safety guidelines and regulations
* Have knowledge of European Standards regarding safety and design of equipment
* Have basic knowledge of qualification and validation approaches (V-Model or System Development Life Cycle/IQP88).
* Be customer-oriented understanding of Distribution Center automation concepts and warehouse management/warehouse control systems.
* Able to work with PC Software such as MS Office, AutoCAD, Visio, MiniTab
* Knowledge of SAP (WM/eWM) is considered a plus.
* Broad knowledge of logistics and logistic systems (Material Handling Equipment): earlier involvement in warehouse automation design and implementation projects is a plus.
* Understanding of supply chain system architecture layers.
* In depth knowledge of Warehouse Management System and Warehouse Control System layer content.