Principal Technician (Power Equipment) (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Principal Technician (Power Equipment)
Under the direction of the Station Commander, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following;
- Operates and performs unit and field level maintenance, and emergency interventions on associated power facilities of the SGS;
- Maintains station logs and ensures proper outage reporting;
- Provides feedback to Station Commander, Station Engineers and Chief Technician for internal training program improvements, and for ensuring maintenance personnel comply with prescribed maintenance procedures relating to power equipment;
- Participates on On-the-Job-Training (OJT) programs to complement the official NCISS training program;
- Assists and advises the H&S Advisor of the SGS on power related issues within the SGS H&S plan;
- Performs all duties requested by Station Command and related to daily functioning of the Site, and position of the Site within NCIA, Customer, and the local community;
- Deputize for higher grade staff,if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and Education:
- Vocational training at a higher level in a relevant discipline or, a combination of equivalent qualifications and experience - and 8 years of relevant experience;
- At least 8 years' experience in the operation or maintenance of Power Equipment;
- Essential basic experience of:
* AC Power distribution equipment;
* Emergency AC Diesel Power generation and associated fuel storage;
* Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS);
* HVAC systems;
* Water distribution and filtering systems;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally, using tact and diplomacy, with good briefing skills.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Experience of managing a small team of technicians;
- Basic knowledge of French and Dutch is desired as role involves working with local subcontractors;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of Customer responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/NO/New/3783
Contract Type Fixed term / PAYE
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Kester, Belgium
Date posted 03 December, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address