Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for Principal Scientists in External R&D Capabilites.
In SMPD, the CMC organisation within Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., we are employing hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians at its site in Beerse, Belgium. In our API Small Molecule Development, we identify and develop practical, efficient, safe and green chemical processes for drug candidates at all stages of process research and development. We are expanding our process research and development team by hiring Principal Scientists in External R&D Capabilities.
Your job function:
The position is in the External R&D Capability group in API SM focusing on the process research and development towards the external supply of (GMP) API batches supporting development activities for the Janssen pipeline. Together with the team leaders you will identify the synthetic strategy that will deliver early (GMP) batches for assigned projects. You will work closely with the China Janssen API SM team for such deliveries. To this end we ask for a proven track record of scientific excellence in organic chemistry delivering (multi-kg GMP) API batches.
You will endeavour to remain at the forefront of this discipline via literature, conferences, collaborations and publications.
Your key responsibilities:
The Principal Scientist will be responsible for connecting and interacting between API Small Molecule Development and both internal and external key strategic partners ensuring timely deliveries of right quality and quantity of API batches by applying the best chemistry. You will communicate and follow up within API Small Molecules on cross-functional project plans and deliverables while building a partnership with the China Janssen API SM teams in Beijing and Shanghai.
1. Responsible for having a thorough understanding of pre-NME and ED portfolios delivering (GLP tox and GMPx) batches.
2. Makes informed decisions, anticipates issues and assigns resources to resolve them. Informed on Developability, DPR and API SM requirements in order to anticipate compound-related work for API Small Molecule Development External R&D capabilities.
3. Effectively applies state of the art scientific knowledge to assigned projects, solves problems and applies innovative solutions to deliver on project objectives.
4. Influence and offer advice to DPR ; PRD External R&D Capabilities and China API SM as well as offer options to DPR and PRD External R&D Manufacturing when to initiate at-risk API work.
5. Indentifies capacity and capability opportunities at our key strategic partners and participates in internal vs external decisions for API process R&D and delivery.
Collaborates closely with our external partners to establish new capabilities and brings their operational execution in line with our expectations.
6. Maintain close scientific oversight on (GMP) API development work and API campaigns and communicates up-to-date knowledge of project progress versus the milestones and promptly adjusts strategy.
* You have A PhD in Organic Chemistry with 10 years experience working in API Process Development in pharmaceutical industry.
* You have a proven track record of participation in teams solving complex synthetic problems through scientific excellence collaborations with scientific personnel.
* Familiarity with transition metal, chemo (and bio) catalysis and high-throughput screening techniques.
* Strong teamwork skills: you are able to collaborate with a network of internal and external talent driving projects respecting required project deliverables. By seamlessly collaborating across different functions, you will provide truly innovative solutions to challenging chemistry problems.
* You have strong knowledge of pharmaceutical API development and are familiar with process development phases and paradigms.
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)