Senior Principal Scientist-Reproduction Toxicology
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Functions: Toxicology Research
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905739500W
Janssen Research & Development seeks to drive innovation and deliver transformational medicines for the treatment of diseases in six therapeutic areas: neuroscience, cardiovascular diseases and metabolism, infectious diseases, immunology, oncology and pulmonary hypertension. In these areas, Janssen aims to address and solve unmet medical needs through the development of small and large molecules, as well as vaccines. The Janssen campus in Beerse (Belgium) has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. The integrated environment of our campus gives our people the chance to experience many different aspects of drug development throughout their career. It has a successful track record of over sixty years of drug discovery and development and is one of the most important innovation engines of the Janssen group worldwide.
Developing innovative therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer's disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B and influenza is our passion. In this endeavor, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Principal Scientist, Reproduction Toxicology (m/f) within the Department of Nonclinical Safety (NCS) in Beerse, Belgium.
The responsibilities of the Senior Principal Scientist, Reproduction Toxicology include a.o.:
* Acts as an expert in the field of reproduction toxicology and support global NCS project teams.
* Responsible for monitoring of DART and juvenile toxicity studies outsourced at CRO partner(s), and leads study teams with contributions from various functional areas.
* Provide strong scientific input with regard to potential mechanisms of toxicity in molecular pathways and propose appropriate follow-up.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge with regard to innovative approaches in (predictive) DART toxicological research.
* May participate with due diligence activities on potential L&A opportunities.
* Work in a multi-disciplinary team within NCS, and within the R&D organization.
* Understands the compound physiochemical characteristics for small molecules as well as the molecular structure of large molecules and the interaction with the biology of targeted receptors.
* Work in a multidisciplinary teams and interacts successfully with cross-functional groups from EU, Asia/Pacific and US sites.
* PhD in Toxicology or closely related discipline e.g. Biomedical Sciences.
* 15 + years of experience in Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DART).
* A recognized expert knowledge within the field of specialization evidenced by records of publications or active engagement in teratology or toxicology societies.
* Proficiency in DART study designs, study conduct and integrated scientific data interpretation.
* Profound experience in juvenile toxicity studies in rodents as well as non-rodents.
* Significant understanding of pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the (Non)clinical drug development process.
* Demonstrated knowledge of mechanisms of toxicity and its relevance to development of safe medicines.
* Proficiency in presentation, writing and communication techniques
* Experience with verbal and written regulatory interactions.
* Profound understanding of outsourcing and business relationship with CRO partner(s).
* Make fast decisions if needed, but at the same time inclusive and excellent team player.
* Experience with GLP or other quality systems is preferred.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)