Principal Scientist Process Engineering
Principal Scientist Process Engineering API Small Molecule Development
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905740349W
We are looking for a Principal Scientist Process Engineering
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, committed to inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer, our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
At Janssen, the Pharmaceutica Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We discover and develop innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD), the CMC organisation (chemistry, manufacturing and control) within Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., employs hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians. The API Small Molecule Development department (API SM) is responsible for designing processes to supply large quantities of new chemical entities for R&D and commercial purposes. API SM develops practical, efficient, safe, and green chemical processes for drug candidates at all stages of development.
The Chemical Technology & Engineering group (T&E), a unit within the API SM, is expanding and looking for experienced chemical process engineers on different levels: Scientist, Senior Scientist and Principal Scientist
Job description for the principal Scientist
Responsibilities and duties
* You will play a key role in the development, scale up, and optimization of our API manufacturing processes.
* You will interact with cross-functional teams (organic chemists, analysts, process safety engineers, purification specialists, pilot plant engineers) and actively participate in the process design supervising ongoing projects and guiding subject matter experts.
* You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our processes to ensure the highest quality product is manufactured within our API facilities. This includes late stage development, scale-up, new product introductions, and technology transfers, with the aim of delivering robust operational performance and scientific excellence.
* You will play a key role in innovating and furthering departmental knowledge, staying up to date with and apply the latest scientific developments ensuring the T&E group has the capabilities required to operate at a world class level. This will be achieved via internal investments, development of new technologies, and collaborations with external networks (academia, CRO's) whilst ensuring alignment with our strategic goals.
* You hold a Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 8 years industrial experience in API development or manufacturing along with a track record of significant process engineering achievement and experience in leading projects.
* You have a deep knowledge of API manufacturing unit operations (isolation, drying, distillation, milling etc.), up- and down-scaling principles, reaction engineering (kinetics, mixing, heat transfer etc.) and are familiar with flow chemistry and continuous manufacturing.
* A sound knowledge and experience working with PAT tools and modeling software is desirable.
* You have a keen interest in recent scientific developments related to API manufacturing.
* You have worked in cross-functional teams.
* You have excellent social and communication skills, speaking English fluently and willing to learn Dutch.
* An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
* An attractive remuneration package with additional benefit packages (for example company care, hospital insurance, and other health care incentives)
* An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
Interested to apply for this position? Please upload your recent CV online.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Non Operating Companies