Principal Scientist, Cell Biology
Multiple Locations: Beerse, Belgium; Netherlands; England, United Kingdom; Germany; France
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905725799W
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Cell Biologist in Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in multiple disciplines including cellular pharmacology, chemistry, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
In this exciting role, you will:
* Apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment.
* Develop innovative cell-based approaches to screening and hit triage using high-content imaging, human primary cells, 3D cell culture and co-culture methods.
* Develop strategies to characterize hits and identify novel targets from phenotypic screens.
* Collaborate extensively with program teams and computational colleagues to analyze different types of assay data, and identify the most promising compounds in early Hit-to-Lead programs.
* Analyze data and present results at program team meetings.
* Attend and present data at in-house seminars and external scientific conferences.
* Publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate.
* A Ph.D in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with 2+ years of postdoctoral experience is required.
* At least 6+ years of industry experience in cell-based assay development in an HTS or in vitro pharmacology group is required
* A demonstrated ability to apply novel approaches to understand biological pathways, as evidenced through strong peer-reviewed publications, is required.
* People management expertise (supervising, coaching, mentoring) is required.
* Automation experience is preferred to enable interactions with the automation team that executes screens.
* Experience with assay development (384 or 1536 well) using biochemical and cellular methods is required.
* Experience with high content imaging is desired.
* Familiarity with CAS/CRISPR and RNAi approaches is preferred.
* Familiarity with high content analysis software such as Columbus and Cell Profiler is preferred.
* Experience with compound profiling is preferred.
* Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and oral presentation skills are required.
* Experience in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience and/or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
* Experience working with and/or guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred.