Principal Scientist - Immunology
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905734668W
'Caring for the world, one person at a time'... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica is dedicated to bring transformational solutions both in the area of prevention and treatment of respiratory infections such as influenza and RSV, hepatitis, HIV, tuberculosis and other infectious diseases. Through our research and development programs in vaccines and treatments, we are contributing to much-needed positive changes, because these diseases continue to claim and limit lives around the world.
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist (M/V) in Immunology
* provides immunology expertise to the early and full clinical development of new therapeutics for infectious diseases
* collaborates with basic research scientists at the early stage of clinical development and interacts with the clinical and compound development teams
* contributes to the research and application of biomarkers to facilitate drug development
* provides support in preclinical and clinical study protocols
* provides scientific input in the set-up and validation of immunology assays
* is responsible for the collection of PBMCs in clinical studies
* reviews, evaluates, and reports data from preclinical and clinical studies
* contributes to regulatory submissions and Health Authority interactions
* collaborates with internal and external experts
* publishes and presents at internal and external meetings
* PhD in immunology, or a related scientific discipline with relevant academic research experience and/or at least 5 years industry experience
* In depth knowledge of immunology, preferentially within the field of hepatitis B
* Experience with immunology assays such as cell-mediated immune assays, PBMC isolation procedures, histopathology and monitoring of immune function during clinical studies
* Drug development experience is a plus
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work in multifunctional teams in a matrix environment
* Primary location: Beerse, Belgium
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)