Principal Business Planning Manager-190198
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 7,839.42Euro (EUR) Monthly
This is a position within the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency), an organization of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
The NCI Agency is made up of teams of dedicated people from 29 different nations who are technology experts in their chosen fields. Our collective role is to help protect the lives of 1 billion people and contribute to maintaining world peace.
The NCI Agency is looking for a talented Principal Business Planning Manager
The Requirements Management Branch (RMB) manages the AirC2 portfolio, business plans and offers through direct customer liaison and supports Demand Management. Assesses operational needs and assures AirC2 service and the operational effectiveness of capabilities. Produces and maintains the Strategic Plan, related Programmes of Work. Contributes to the Service Catalogue and management of the Demand Plan. Develops future requirements and maintains the AirC2 requirements baseline, manages technical and operational changes.
The Plans Section (PS) manages the AirC2 portfolio, coordinates the development of the AirC2 Strategic Plan, establishes the forecasted demand plan for the next business period, leads the AirC2 products and services planning, and organizes the contribution and maintenance of inputs to the NCI Agency Service Catalogue. In cooperation with the Future Requirements Section (FRS) and other Branches, coordinates the development of POW, Type B Cost Estimates (TBCE), under leadership of PIB, Service Level Agreements (SLA), and non-standard offers, with other AMDC2 Branches and NCI Agency organizational elements. PS manages the AMDC2's contribution to the development NATO's Air C2 policy and other governance arrangements within the Air C2 domain.
Under the direction of Head Plans Section, you will perform duties as follows:
* Manage business development, including strategic planning, demand forecasting and requirements development;
* Act as customer interface for AMDC2, capturing customer expectations and users requirements, and provide direction on problem resolution;
* Contribute to development of the Demand Assessment in coordination with the COO Directorate, based on understanding of the Customer Requirements and the Agency's offer based on the Agency Catalogue;
* Establish AMDC2 Demand Plan;
* Maintain AMDC2 Programmes Roadmap;
* Contribute to AMDC2 Business Plan and budget planning process;
* Support the resource planning process within the AMDC2 Directorate and Agency wide;
* Establish the AMDC2 In-Service Support (ISS) Programme Of Work (POW) and other business plans, and ensure their endorsement by relevant NATO governance bodies;
* Manage requests from customers, ensuring timely coordination with all NCI Agency stakeholders - ensuring correct internal assignment and response, proposal handling, billing and post contract acceptance;
* Initiate projects in coordination with necessary parties for preparation of the formal NCI Agency offers, and manage timely development of proposals;
* Ensure the NCI Agency's formal offers meet requisite quality standards and are in line with expectations of sponsors, including quality acceptance criteria, scope and timelines for such offers;
* Monitor, understand, and communicate with sponsors on the progress on request processing throughout project lifecycle;
* Engage with both sponsors and relevant stakeholders for resolution of issues;
* Manage project closure, ensuring deliverables are properly submitted to sponsors, followed by a formal acceptance, and adequate feedback on the Agency's performance is obtained from the sponsor;
* Support management of AMDC2 portfolio of projects and services;
* Monitor the portfolio with regard to its financial status, operational status, and forecast;
* Provide reporting material on status of the portfolio, including development of the POW, SLAs, Monthly reports and Annual report;
* Initiate, develop and maintain business relationships with customers, ensuring the development of coherent and consistent POW and SLAs;
* Develop and implement Cooperation Models to foster smooth implementation of POW and SLAs with Customers;
* Take proactive initiative in nurturing sponsor relationships and promote the Agency's Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD) capabilities and services;
* Develop, collect and maintain material for the venues of Customer as well as lessons learned from contacts;
* Deputize for higher grade staff, as required;
* Perform other duties as required.
We are looking for candidates with A Master of Science (MSc) degree or a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related subject or exceptionally, the lack of a degree may be compensated by a lower academic qualification combined with the demonstration of particular abilities or experience of relevance to this post, or with a military experience in Air operations.
In addition to 8 years of experience (Masters Degree) or 10 years of experience (Bachelor's Degree) in the duties related to the function of the post, we also require the following:
* Extensive experience (at least 5 years), involving business planning in a business or military organization;
* Experience in the preparation of strategic plans, business plans, demand plans, resource plans and budgets;
* Experience in the preparation and promotion of products and service proposals, including SLAs;
* Proven and practiced knowledge and understanding of financial, marketing, and strategy principles and concepts;
* Proven knowledge and understanding of Customer Management;
* Good understanding of the NATO Organisational structure and NATO procedures for planning, acquisition, programming and implementation of common-funded projects as well as Operation and Maintenance of these capabilities;
* Proven experience in the use of computer-based support tools with an emphasis on Microsoft Office and planning tools;
* Proven ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with excellent briefing and presentation skills, and the ability to produce clear and concise reports;
* Proven ability to work successfully with both military and civilian staff.
The following will be considered as an advantage
* Extensive and recent experience, at least 5 years, with Air C2 systems;
* Knowledge and experience in project management and in-service support planning and operations, in a business or military organisation
* Knowledge and experience involving the development or acquisition, implementation and sustainment of major Command and Control systems and/or programmes;
* Knowledge of the NATO's future Air C2 systems (ACCS and Air C2IS), and of the NATO Integrated Air and Missile Defence environment;
* Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
* Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
We are looking for a person who demonstrates the following behavioural competencies:
Working with People - Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Presenting and Communicating Information - Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
Analysing - Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Adapting and Responding to Change - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Formulating Strategies and Concepts - Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation's future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation.
Writing and Reporting - Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well-structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices;
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
You may give professional guidance to staff.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
* Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
* Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
* The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
* The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
* Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency,
* Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
What do we offer?
Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
* Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
* Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
* Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
Please note: Due to the Agency's transition into a new structure in the near future, this post may be subject to transfer to one of our other locations, as well as to a change of reporting lines. The final decision will be made at the time of a firm offer.
The Agency's recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months.
We appreciate your patience.