Principal Assistant (Operational Support) MAN & WM (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Principal Assistant (Operational Support) MAN & WM
Under the overall direction of the Deputy Service Line Chief (DSLC) and WM Service Area Owner, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Provides direct staff-level support to the DSLC/Service Area Owner in relations to operational responsibilities;
- Responsible for consolidating CNAFS and CFS statistical reports and the tracking of submissions to align to expectations;
- Resource planning alignment with the HPPO, HSMO and Service Area Owners across the Service Line;
- Monitor the Service Area fund execution and prepare reports and statistical analysis for presentation to the Service Area Owner;
- Coordinate with the Service Area Owners to ensure swift and efficient recruitment and contracting activity and to maintain SL manning status reports;
- Coordinate project related activities for Travel and Contractual Management;
- Support the production of Weekly and Monthly NSII Project situation reports;
- Administration and delivery arrangements for technical and behavioural training for SL Project Focused personnel;
- Responsible for the centralised coordination and standardisation, maintenance, development policing of the NSII NCI Service Area intranet SharePoint IKM web/portal-page; working with all Service Areas to ensurestandardisation and centralising of information repositories to introduce leaner processes and efficiencies to the benefit of all;
- Service Area Space Management;
- Service Area Security Representative;
- Responsible for the coordination of centralised accounting and inventory activities in direct liaison with the HSMOOffice within the Service Line;
- Act as Principal Administrative POC within the Service Area for NICs, Military and IWC project focused personnel;
- Deputize forhigher grade staff;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and Education:
- Vocational training at higher administrative level in a relevant discipline;
- At least 6 years' experience in progressively responsible support positions or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience;
- Experience in resource planning and personnel management;
- Experience in budgetary planning and management;
- Awareness of Project Management Framework / Methodologies such as PRINCE II, PMP;
- Experience in the preparation of statistical analysis and appropriate mechanisms to document and present the findings in an academic or comparable environment will be considered
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and databases;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with a proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of Customer organization, internal structure and resultant relationships;
- Ability to take initiative and a flexible approach allowing the incumbent to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment;
- Good organisational, coordination and communication skills;
- Proven report and guidance writing skills;
- Due to the sensitivity of the work, he/she must possess an unequivocal level of trust and discretion.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of Customer responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
- Knowledge of the NCI Agency.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/NO/New/4073
Contract Type Fixed term / PAYE
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Mons, Belgium
Date posted 19 December, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address