PreSales Solution Consultant (286344)
Job ID 286344 - Posted 15/01/2018 - Belgium - Leuven - Digital Factory - Sales - Experienced Professional - Permanent - Full time only
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
An experienced PreSales consultant is required to join the EMEA Simcenter 3D CAE technical team to provide support to prospects and customers. Team members may take complete technical ownership of commercial opportunities directly and/or support local pre-sales using their experience with both the tool and the application.
This position is specifically concerned with the Simcenter 3D portfolio, covering a wide are of the Siemens CAE 3D solutions.
The role, reports into the EMEA Centre of Excellence (CoE) Simcenter 3D team leader.
The role will require the delivery of expertise in the application of the Simcenter portfolio in various industries.
* Respond promptly and professionally to requests for support from Portfolio Development and Sales, maintaining a schedule of commitments. Support requests could include, demo, benchmarks, responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and marketing activities.
* Provide advanced support for local pre-sales and resellers in the different regions within EMEA whenever required.
* Be skilled in presenting and demonstrating Simcenter3D in a sales pursuit, in the context of a particular customer's business needs, with an emphasis on business value
* Work with customers in a consultative mode to assist in their deployments and further implementation of the solutions, including delivery of advanced training
* Competitive Analysis and feedback on market trends and development to the Portfolio Development and Sales Management
* Have a clear and up-to-date understanding of Simcenter 3D capabilities and limitations, and be able to clearly communicate to Product Development any gaps that have an impact on customer success and work effectively to achieve capability improvements
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
* 3+ - 5+ years of proven experience in numerical simulation
* General understanding of simulation theory
* Experience in PreSales for 3D Simulation is a clear asset. Candidates without pre-sales experience may be considered provided they can demonstrate proficiency in presentation and problem-solving skills.
* Industry knowledge in Automotive or Aerospace are an asset
* You feel comfortable in all levels in a company you talk to, project and department leaders as well as to the executives and C-Level.
* Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, able to travel within EMEA up to 30% of the time for short periods
* Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
* Able to manage several opportunities simultaneously
* Educated to degree level in engineering or related technical discipline
* English language spoken and written to a high level of proficiency. Other languages are an asset
* European valid driving license