Power Networks Lab Manager
Belgium, Flemish-Brabant , Linkebeek
R & D / Laboratories
LAB00000262 Requisition #
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialised engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitalisation.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralised or decentralised, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialised expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialised services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
The Power Networks Lab provides products, services and operational research to grid operators. The customer base are the nation-wide electricity transporters and distributors but also operators of smaller micro grids in rural areas. Electrical grids are going through a period of significant change with the growth of decentralized energy production, EV-mobility / charging and changing consumer behaviour. Our Power Networks Lab is helping the operators to maintain grid reliability, security of supply and power quality.
You will lead the Power Networks Lab and be responsible for its turnover and margin, as well as its growth according to plan.
In order to do so, you will :
* Lead a team of more than 10 people including project managers and highly specialized technical experts. You will be responsible for the further build-out of the team.
* Inspire the team to develop new activities and expand beyond the traditional customer base
* Drive the business development together with the Business Development Manager
* Develop products and services in a multidisciplinary way
* Organize with your team the delivery of services, products and applied research for your customers
* Developing ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty
* Managing company and client expectations
* Review timeframes and budgets of projects
* You have a degree in civil or industrial Engineering
* Goal-oriented, organized team player
* Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
* Self-motivated and self-directed
* Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
* Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
* You have 5 to 10 years of experience in leading technical teams to achieve customer satisfaction with products and services
* You have an important operational expertise and good references in people management
* You are passionate by developing innovative business in industrial and technical environments
* Experience in electrical grids is a plus but not a necessity
* Fluent in English, French and Dutch. Another European language is a plus.
ENGIE Laborelec offers you:
* An exciting career in a leading research and competence centre, with prospects within ENGIE, the international energy player of which we are a part;
* A competitive salary supplemented with many benefits;
* A healthy work/life balance.
Your HR contact person
Damien Colmant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.