Postdoctoral Scientist Crystallization-1805668740W
Postdoctoral Scientist - crystallization technology unit
The Crystallization Technology Unit (CTU) located in Beerse, Belgium is part of API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) Small Molecule Development within Janssen Pharmaceutica NV a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. The primary focus of CTU is the final API crystallization and downstream process steps (filtration, drying, milling). Process development and scale up to deliver the desired polymorph and particle properties are the main responsibilities within the CTU group. In close collaboration with Drug Product Development, CTU is also responsible for complementary API material prerequisites such as particle size distribution range, morphology, bulk density and powder flow behaviour. In order to meet these goals CTU relies on a team of experts knowledgeable in different types of crystallization (cooling, evaporative, anti-solvent …), advanced infrastructure (automated reactors and PAT tools) and a set of supporting key API particle tuning technologies. We currently have a vacancy for a
2-year postdoctoral Scientist position.
We are looking for a postdoctoral scientist with hands-on lab experience in fields related to crystallization technologies or particle tuning, and who is interested in pursuing technological advancements in an industry setting. The successful candidate will be involved in the crystallization development of APIs and exploration of new crystallization or particle properties tuning technologies. The postdoctoral scientist will work in a highly dynamic and innovative environment with the opportunity to interact with several internal and external collaborators. The applicant should possess a strong self-motivation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential. Janssen will provide additional training in support of the principal activities and an inspiring learning environment.
* Evaluate thermodynamics in support of selection crystallization technology
* Independently conceptualize and design crystallization experiments to meet API solid state requirements
* Use of online PAT tools to monitor crystal growth and solid-state properties of APIs
* Evaluate further downstream processing filtration, drying and milling
* Organize and conduct experiments independently (including preparation, data collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation)
* Keep abreast with scientific and technical developments in the field of particle tuning
* Interact with various stakeholders within and outside the department (R&D chemists, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Product Development, clinical and commercial API manufacturing sites)
* Recent PhD related to the field of crystallization or particle tuning sciences (i.e. chemical engineering, chemistry, physics or equivalent)
* Knowledge of either modelling, crystallography or particle characterization is required
* Understanding API polymorph screening and selection is an advantage
* A successful track record of scientific achievements through scientific publications and presentations.
* In depth knowledge on particle surface modification or powder characterization is an asset
* Hands-on experience with lab experiments
* Interest in process technology
* A team player able to collaborate with cross functional departments
* Engaged scientist, detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
* Proficient in oral and written scientific English
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)