Postdoctoral Researcher Materials for next generation photomasks in Advanced Lithography
What you will do
The Advanced Patterning Department is exploring, developing and optimizing advanced lithography and patterning solutions to enable the chip scaling roadmaps. One of the key technologies is EUV (extreme-ultraviolet) lithography. This uses reflective photomasks for circuitry printing. The goal of this research is to engineer innovative material solutions and technologies for EUV photomasks to enable next generation lithography.
Within this context, imec is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher on next generation photomasks for advanced lithography.
You will be responsible for:
Thin film development for lithographic application on EUV photomasks. This includes:
* Explore material properties to understand their optical thin film behavior at 13.5nm wavelength, by modeling and theory.
* Design materials by alloying, doping or layering based on your modeling predictions and mask requirements.
* Experimentally characterize candidate mask materials using imec's state-of-the-art facilities.
* Gain fundamental understanding of EUV thin film properties, by correlating the experimental results to the modeling. This will lead to improved EUV absorber materials.
* Collaborate with imec experts from interdisciplinary fields in other departments.
* Transfer knowledge to the imec partners and colleagues, through regular reporting, and publishing main results at international conferences, in peer reviewed journals or filed for patent.
Keeping up-to-date on all recent developments in the field. You do this by studying literature, interacting with your colleagues. Also, you will have access to the other imec development work in the field of EUV lithography.
What we do for you
We will train you at the start of your job. We teach you how to work with the advanced equipment in the 300mm cleanroom and supporting material analysis as well as lithographic modeling software packages.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world's premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you'll become part of an interdisciplinary team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary.
Who you are
You have a PhD in Material Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry.
We value experience with
* Fundamental research in material science
* Optical thin film modeling
* Doing experiments with complex experimental optical setups or scientific instruments
* Modeling using advanced computer software
We need your analytic skills and experience with mathematical packages for processing complex datasets (such as Matlab).
We think it is important that you can work in a structured, transparent and accurate way.
We appreciate your constructive way of working in a team and sharing of experience and knowledge with colleagues.
Your networking skills, creativity, persistence and passion for what you do are highly valued.
We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team and closely with our partners.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).
Apply for this job
Share this on
stay up to date
Don't miss out on new job opportunities
Receive new job opportunities
Follow imec on:
Nederlands | English
CMOS and beyond CMOSImage sensors and vision systemsSilicon photonicsThin-film flexible electronicsWearablesPhotovoltaicsGaN
Sensor solutions for IoTWireless IoT communicationRadar sensing systemsSolid state batteriesData science and data securityLife sciences
What we offer