Date: Mar 6, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Post-doc fellow in Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience Discovery Biology
Job Location: Braine L'Alleud, Belgium
To strengthen our research line to identify novel drug targets for neurodegeneration, we are currently hiring a talented PhD for a 3-year post-doc position to join the Neuroscience Discovery Biology group based in Braine L'Alleud, Belgium. The aim is to understand underlying mechanisms of age-related neurodegeneration and to validate newly identified targets and pathways in trans-differentiated neurons of patients. The post-doc scientist is expected to implement novel technologies to study age-related neurodegeneration 'in-a-dish', set-up high-content imaging and omics approaches and apply CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing to identify novel targets. In order to achieve this goal we are seeking a highly skilled, lab-based post-doc scientist in neuroscience, ideally with expertise in the field of neurodegeneration. The post-doc scientist will work in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
Education & Experience
* PhD in neuroscience or a PhD in a biomedical field with a strong focus on development of disease-relevant cellular models with proven track-record in these domains
* A strong interest in neurodegenerative diseases
* Experience in microscopy, preferably with multi-parametric imaging read-outs
* Experience with gene engineering (CRISPR/Cas9) in human iPSC is of significant added value
* A strong interest and/or expertise in integrative omics approaches
* Creative and open-minded
* Proactive, constructive, flexible and eager to learn
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to present progression of his/her project in timely manner
* Collaboration skills required to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Fluent in English (spoken and written), as it is the official language at UCB
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Neurology, Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Scientific, Healthcare, Technology, Engineering