Postdoc - Digital biomarkers-1805635912W
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Fellow, Digital biomarkers, to be located at our Beerse site in Belgium.
Janssen Pharma R&D seeks an innovative postdoc with expertise in bio-signal and smartphone data processing, statistical and computational techniques, including experience in managing and analyzing longitudinal data, to strengthen our digital biomarker research. He/she will be part of the Computational Sciences group in the Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen Pharma R&D.
* The candidate will be responsible for studying the role of digital biomarkers, obtained from different biosensors (as accelerometer, photoplethysmogram and others), phone (voice calls and SMS) and smartphone's built-in sensors (GPS, wi-fi, Bluetooth, microphone, proximity sensor, etc.) in relation to clinical outcome in major depressive disorder.
* He/she will be responsible for extracting meaningful information from different digital data streams and building multivariate models of relapse prediction/detection and disease deterioration.
* The candidate should possess strong training and experience in quantitative methods applied to neuroscience or other related fields.
* The candidate should possess outstanding communication skills as well as broad interests in neuroscience that will enable him/her to facilitate interactions between clinical and computational scientists.
* He/she will work with key internal and external partners to define analytics strategy for managing multi-sensor data obtained during observation clinical trials using remote measurement technologies, use digital signal process to handle date streams from biosensors and extract variables of interest.
* He/she will use machine learning to build models for relapse prediction/detection and, in collaboration with key partners, mine the data to identify meaningful digital biomarkers.
* He/she will effectively communicate data and results to our stakeholders within and outside of J&J, publish high-quality research, and work effectively with colleagues across J&J sectors.
The postdoc will span two years, with the possibility of an additional year. Where appropriate, the postdoc will participate in training and development sessions & workshops within Janssen/J&J, as well as attend and present at external conferences. He/she will receive guidance and mentoring to participate and contribute to ongoing efforts focused on the digital biomarker research.
* A Ph.D. in in computational neuroscience, computer sciences, electrical or biomedical engineering, statistics or related discipline is required.
* Strong programming (Python, R, MATLAB) and data management skills and demonstrated ability to deliver on objectives in defined timelines are required.
* Knowledge of programming in Big Data environment (pyspark, sparkR) is a plus
* Deep knowledge in digital bio-signal processing, time series modelling (gaussian processes), time to event modelling, machine learning (probabilistic graphical models, deep learning) and data mining is required.
* Knowledge in audio signal processing, and analysis of ESM (experience sampling method) data is preferred.
* Understanding of mood disorders is a plus.
* Being independent, self-motivated and innovative and the ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment are required.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a successful track record of collaborating with multidisciplinary scientific teams is required.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)