Post-doc Scientist Analytical Chemistry - Mass Spectrometry
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905731375W
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That's why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world's largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Within Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS)/ Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD) focuses on end-to-end development of small molecule drug product development and support during life cycle management.
Our organization consists of a global network of passionate employees across different sites in EU, US and Asia and, in addition, of a network of CROs across the globe, providing us flexibility in capacity and capabilities.
We continue to Build Our Future by Growing our Strengths in different areas:
* Improving our Scientific Excellence
* Creating an environment in which Talent Development, Diversity and Inclusion provides a competitive advantage and is a source of inspiration for our employees
* Investing in innovation, technology, equipment and infrastructure
The Advanced Material Characterization and Investigations (AMCI) team is part of SMPD - Analytical Development. AMCI is responsible for:
* Leading global analytical investigations for the Small Molecule R&D and Commercial product portfolio
* Development and implementation of new and innovative Analytical Technology Platforms
* Analytical centres of excellence in:
* Mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy
* Elemental analysis
* Foreign particle identification
* Packaging and combination products
* Polymer sciences
In the AMCI group in Beerse (Belgium) - there is currently a full-time opening for a (m/f) Post-doc Scientist Analytical Chemistry - mass spectrometry
* Design, lead and perform mass spectrometry-based experiments and analyses related to structure elucidation of small molecules, and more specifically oligonucleotides and/or peptides.
* Execute high-resolution MS experiments and perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of the instruments.
* Apply state-of-the art analytical chemistry to ensure a targeted approach to problem solving and delivering relevant results. Work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers and show willingness to learn/explore new techniques
* Act quickly, lead and provide expertise and solutions for advanced characterization of pharmaceutical products and support investigations. Develop test procedures and write scientific and investigations reports
* Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP and safety.
* Stay up to date with the scientific literature.
* Initiate and follow up collaboration with external partners and universities.
PhD degree in Chemistry, preferably in Analytical Chemistry
* Hands-on experience with and good knowledge in mass spectrometry is required, and experience with oligonucleotides is considered a plus.
* Ensure high scientific quality standards for experiments and take on responsibility for these experiments.
* Ability to independently diagnose and solve complex technical and scientific problems
* Hands-on mentality
* Customer focus and results and performance driven
* Sense of Urgency
* Excellent communication skills
* Good English scientific writing skills
* Team player
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)