Portfolio Manager Power Plants
Belgium, Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region
Trading / Portfolio management
Global Energy Management
GLO00000521 Requisition #
WHO WE ARE
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE's Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
While embodying the GEM digital transformation & cultural shift on the power asset management activity (Translate, Value and Automate, i.e.) your main missions are :
* Understand and Translate client needs and technical, regulatory and market complexity.
* Study main value drivers and risk factors for various power technologies.
* Automate top-notch power plant management tools with our superior know-how.
Maximize the value of the GEM portfolio within the mid-term horizon by optimizing the power plants and related commodities portfolio in the European commodity markets, while ensuring the physical balance of our portfolio and complying with TSO reserve requirements.
* Asset Representation
+ Analyze and Model the native power plants/contracts and hedge positions in the deal mgt system on the forward horizon in cooperation with the Quants & Trading
+ Compute financial (MtM) and technical (MWh, start-ups, etc.) forecasts
* Data Quality Management:
+ Managing physical & contractual characteristics of power plants in the DQM optimization suite (up to Real Time).
* Commodity Mgt
+ Managing physical capacity and stock for the power plant (gas flex and capacity, coal, biomass, fuels, hydro, certificates, FX)
* Client advisory
+ Advising clients in building the portfolio risk framework and hedging intentions on the forward horizon
+ Animate the different client platforms with senior management of Benelux, GEN, NECs and future 3d parties
+ Support regulatory teams in strengthening lobby arguments by means of analysis and expertise
* Hedge strategy
+ Enter into hedges with the Trading portfolios (options or firm hedge sales and buy-backs) in line with the risk framework and hedging intentions
* Maintenance planning
+ Dynamic optimization of the maintenance planning (up to D-28) and communication to TSO's and REMIT.
* P&L reporting & transversal role
+ Steering daily asset P&L monitoring
+ Ensure consistency with budgets by collaborating with the Finance team
+ Co-define methodologies around recurrent questions and animate community of practices
+ Conduct complex valuation and sensitivity studies on asset related products or initiatives (e.g. (dis)investments, flex increase, combining renewable with non-renewable assets)
+ Contribute to the offering of Third Party services linking with business development
* Enhance country cluster set-up: foster good collaboration and communication with the other operational teams in order to share the understanding of the full value chain of a power asset
* Embody the energy transition: collaborate with renewable teams by onboarding
studies combining renewable with non-renewable assets
* Digital transformation: continuously search for improvement and simplification of tools, processes and methodologies to manage and optimize all the energy data
* Client centricity: maintain and look for new ways of collaboration with our current and new clients
Your interaction network will consist in interfaces with:
* other PAM teams (Trading, Day-ahead and Dispatch, Ancillaries and Partnerships)
* other GEM teams (ETS, IT, Quants, Finance, Risk)
* clients (GEN, Benelux, NECST, Engie LAB, 3d parties)
* Expertise in IT applications, particularly Excel, VBA and Python and big data management is a strong asset.
* Keen to automate power plant management processes, willing to dive into details, constructive and pragmatic problem-solving mindset.
* Higher education, preferably a university degree in a quantitative area (IT, finance, engineering, mathematics,…) or alternatively, an appropriate on-field experience.
* Good written and verbal communication skills in English and possibly also in French, Dutch or German.
* Posting Date: Apr 30, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.