Portfolio Manager (7941, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Manager based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
The assistant DIGIT Portfolio Manager will provide assistance to the DIGIT portfolio Office Manager1 and will have a key role to play within the future establishment and operation of DIGIT's Portfolio Office, by participating in the following activities:
* Collects (e.g. Initiation Requests and Business Cases) and connect them to the relevant portfolio.
* Evaluate the onboarding of new portfolio components in view to support the decision-making process of the DPfM and of the DPfDG
* Supports strategic and portfolio communications within the organisation.
* Consolidates resource demand & supply, identify gaps and over-allocation.
* Collects, maintains and monitors macro information regarding portfolio components to support the portfolio analysis and to populate dashboards.
* Supports the Portfolio Managers (PfM), Portfolio Advisory Committees (PfAC) and Portfolio Directing Group (PfDG) in their portfolio management activities.
* Maintains the Portfolio Repository.
* Analyses Component-End Reports in order to improve management processes and artefacts.
* Supports the Portfolio Managers (PfMs) to apply Portfolio Management procedures.
* Works with the Local Portfolio (Support) Office(s) (LPfOs) to improve processes, methodologies and tools supporting the management of the components and overall portfolio management.
* Collects and consolidates ideas for portfolio framework improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills:
The service provider shall have the following qualifications and/or expertise:
* Sound experience in IT Portfolio Management Methodology;
* Sound experience in implementing and using portfolio management solutions. Knowledge of "PowerSteering" software is an asset;
* Sound experience in IT governance process;
* In depth knowledge of Project Management. Knowledge of PM² methodology is an asset;
* Experienced with Cost/Benefit analysis practices;
* Good technical knowledge on the projects aspects;
* Good reporting methods;
* Ability to apply high quality standards to all tasks;
* Ability to prepare and give presentations with strong capacity in writing assessment reports;
* Good communication skills and ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings;
* Proactive attitude, customer oriented and results;
* Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working and working in an international/ multicultural environment;
* Engineering or Computer Science university degree or relevant experience;
* Excellent knowledge of English (spoken, written). Knowledge of French (spoken, written) will be a plus, but not mandatory; excellent communicator.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/5779
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 13 November, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 13 November, 2019