Locations: Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905764821W
'Caring for the world, one person at a time'... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is broadly based in healthcare and is organized into three business segments comprised of franchises and therapeutic categories. They include Medical Devices and consumer MedTech products, Consumer Health products and Pharmaceuticals.
The Government Affairs & Policy (GA&P) organization serves all three J&J businesses and the Enterprise overall through shaping healthcare systems and promoting innovation around the world. The GA&P EMEA team is headquartered in Brussels, with additional country leads based locally in key EMEA markets.
The Policy Analyst will be based in Brussels, Belgium, and will report to the Director for External Affairs & Alliance development, GA&P EMEA.
* Monitor and report on EU and national developments on Healthcare and Public Health policies as well as on relevant institutional activities and industry trends.
* Research and become familiar with new stakeholders and potential alliances for J&J and develop strategic recommendations on engagement programs with them.
* Manage GA&P EMEA's stakeholder and alliance database (CRM system).
* Provide team and senior business partners with background research on key topics and for use in speaking engagements.
* Support outreach activities, organization of advocacy strategies and projects with relevant external stakeholders, demonstrating strong project management skills.
* Coordinate with Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer colleagues on a continuous daily basis.
* Support projects specific to Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, and/or Consumer Healthcare to ensure the implementation of impactful advocacy and policy programs.
* Work closely with GA&P colleagues in the EMEA markets to ensure they receive appropriate policy support from Brussels.
* Provide assistance to respond to internal enquiries on policy issues and on public consultations.
* Support internal communication platforms and initiatives (newsletters, intranet sites, etc.
* Coordinate, in alignment with the Alliance Development & External Affairs Director and the full GA&P team J&J's positioning on public health and healthcare policy issues to boost the Enterprise public reputation and trust.
* Support the effective execution of external J&J-sponsored events and speaking platforms where GA&P or other J&J executives are involved.
Education & Experience
* Master's degree in political science, international relations, economics, business, or equivalent
* 1-2 years experience in international or Brussels-based public affairs work (corporate, consultancy, NGO, trade association, EU institutions)
* Deep understanding of EU legislative process and the EU institutions
* Excellent understanding of healthcare policy, public health, reputation management and coalition/alliance development.
* Solid ethical behavior and mindset
* Strong project management skills
* Strong analytical skills, service-oriented and self-starter
* Ability to think horizontally, connecting "the dots", seeing cross-sector opportunities and synergies
* Understanding of strategy with a strong detail -orientation in execution
* Intellectual curiosity with interest in details, structured, good time management and stress resistant
* Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills,
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as extremely strong document design capabilities (PowerPoint excellence is required, and other design software is a plus)
* Understanding of and affinity with social media and its use in public affairs
* High proficiency in English is essential, additional European languages an asset.
Please note that this regards a temporary contract of 2 years.
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)
Non Operating Companies