Platform Engineer (Asset Performance & Capabilities Management)
Multiple Locations: Cork, Ireland; France; Germany; Belgium; Austria
Functions: Engineering (Generalist)
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905718132W
Role: Platform Engineer (Asset Performance & Capability Management)
Location: EMEA or USA - Cork, Schaffhausen, Leiden, Malvern/NJ
Reports to: Platform Lead
The Platform Engineer will be responsible for providing advanced engineering, design, and construction of manufacturing facilities, automation systems, maintenance and equipment; and providing engineering and technical support for complex production and processing equipment and systems.
Managing multiple contractors, manages medium to high value projects or programs ($2MM to $10MM).
What you're great at:
* Developing and deploying engineering, maintenance and automation standards throughout the platform
* Technical Support for Platform Leader, MAKE Asset Management
* Global MAM support for platform manufacturing and process issues.
* Coaching and coordinating expert teams across sites
* Coordinating with Technical Operations Platform lead to ensure alignment with technology standards and engineering systems and equipment specifications for manufacturing technology
* Establishing effective working relationships with partnering departments and others as well as develops new partnerships to optimize processes
* Developing a mechanism to proactively assess business needs and to identify points of leverage across functional groups in the Platform
* Supporting platform specific strategic investments through feasibility studies, support of network decisions, capacity analysis and strategic project management.
As a Platform Engineer, your typical day will include:
* Own, drive, implement MAM business transformation across MAM organization
* Lead best practices sharing and continuous improvement across engineering, maintenance and execution systems
* Drive Reliability processes across engineering, maintenance and execution systems
* Define, Drive and Prioritize Reliability Roadmap for the Platform
* Drive and direct MAM Performance metrics and analysis
* Oversee and support Capability Assessments (Technology Maturity and Technical Reliability)
* Develop and drive equipment and automation standards across the lifecycle and ensure application of standards at all sites
* Monitor the status of programs and project, provide technical interpretation and expertise, ensure adherence to policies, procedures, government regulations, and customer specifications.
* Provide technical leadership to drive long term masterplan and support execution of EHS&S policies and procedures
* Coordinate with Technical Operations group to ensure alignment on equipment and automation technical standards and project execution for technical transfer projects/NPI
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and trade shows, reviewing professional publications and analyzing new trends.
* Lead engineering execution of projects and initiatives in the platform, for strategic projects and across sites. Ensure the documentation of project and program activities and deliverables
* Generate capital equipment appropriations required for new process implementation or facilities and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
* Provide technical leadership of cross functional teams on many different projects/ process improvements and resolves inter-functional issues (including cross site portfolio and masterplanning support)
* External Manufacturing Support in collaboration with ESI/Procurement
* Contact to CoE or Quality/EHSS function to review draft and new regulations and provide input from platform perspective
* Ensures sound technical engineering concepts are applied in all tasks.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail, alongside
*MSc or BSC Engineering, Automation, Project Management or related area of study
-10-15 years related experience
*Experience within the pharmaceutical industry
*Highly developed expertise in one or more core areas, specifically Project Management, Systems Engineering, Equipment Design and Procurement. Overall knowledge of all related engineering areas, to enable program leadership or technical leadership for critical programs.
*Functional knowledge of/and experience in systems within Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals or other healthcare regulated sectors.
*Detailed knowledge of standards, business processes and architecture
*Detailed knowledge of GxP and Sox requirements and regulations
*Track record of successful working within a support organization with a knowledge of functional and matrix structures.
*Strong and proven project management experience
*Managing risk, including escalation, prioritization and resolution of systems and support issues and developing and managing responses
*Showing initiative in innovative approaches to challenges in a fast-paced, changing global environment
*Building consensus and ability to negotiate trade off decisions across the organization
*Must have strong collaboration and influencing skills to partner effectively at all levels and across multiple groups. Ability to leverage internal and external expertise to drive innovative solutions to meet program goals on global level.
*Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, and team building instincts, with the ability to build partnerships and collaborate both internally and externally (for example; external manufacturers, consulting firms,..)
*Strong communication skills and change management
*Strong organization and prioritization skills
*Six Sigma or DEX green/black belt
*FPX Project lead
This position can be located in the EMEA or USA.
What we're about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we're each:
* Committed to caring
* Responsible to our communities
* Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
* Rare in our background and experiences
* The drivers of our own success
* Passionate about doing what's right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.