Payer Value Strategy Lead Immunology
Date: Nov 6, 2018
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Payer Value Strategy Lead Bimekizumab
November 06, 2018 * Location: Brussels, Belgium or Slough, United Kingdom
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Global Patient Access Team, based in our Headquarter in Brussels, Belgium or our affiliate in Slough, UK, we are looking to fill the position of: Payer Value Strategy Lead Bimekizumab.
Is your analytical adeptness second only to your strategic capacities? At UCB, we know you as a 'stratelytical' person. This specific blend of talent means you are a deep-thinking planner devoted to improving patients' lives.
As a UCB 'stratelytical' person and Payer Value Strategy Lead Bimekizumab you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Be a decisive factor in leading the development and execution of the payer value strategy for bimekizumab at a global level being part of a cross-functional team made up of e.g. pricing, health economics and access.
* Be in a role that can help having a considerable impact for patients living with severe diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis or Psoriasis Arthritis
As a UCB 'stratelytical' person and Payer Value Strategy Lead Bimekizumab you will contribute by:
* Being accountable for determining access objectives, insight-driven access strategy, holistic Payer Value Proposition, negotiation strategy, leveraging the portfolio advantage and UCB launch readiness.
* Co-developing the expanded payer value proposition taking into account the traditional (clinical differentiation, safety profile, economic value) and new value drivers (patient experience, social/legal/caregiver aspects) as well as the additional 'beyond-the-drug' offerings UCB might develop to support patients and the system to overcome identified break points through the patient/treatment journey.
* Leading efforts to ensure payer input and external validation of critical assumptions and plans associated with payer strategy for chances of successful negotiations are elevated.
* Leading activities to externally and internally validate and critique clinical development program and Payer Value Strategy plans, using multiple approaches (advisory boards, market research, ad hoc interactions) to maximize the asset strategy and available data-set by launch.
* Delivering payer value story related global materials i.e. global value dossier, value proposition slide deck, access strategy implementation guide, Q&A/objection handler, video/podcast presentations, other customer-facing materials for payers, etc and being critical and innovative in mindset on how these materials can be improved further to meet UCB affiliates' and payers' needs.
* Contributing to excellence in launch execution: leading knowledge transfer of strategy and tactics from Global to affiliates and supports effective preparation and implementation of access strategies in major geographies (as per UCB's pricing and reimbursement submission guidance).
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Educated to a Bachelors level, in a relevant life sciences or business-related discipline
* Preferably Specific qualifications such as Health Economics, HTA, or Public Health, Masters or PhD
* Minimum 6 years of experience in market access-related functions in the (bio)pharmaceutical industry or consulting, could include: health economics, outcomes research, or health technology assessment
* At least 3 years of experience in a global oversight role in the development of access strategy and/or payer evidence
* Proven track record in the design and implementation of global access strategies, payer and HTA submissions/interactions and/or payer insights generation
* Product launch experience
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
* Payer access strategy excellence with knowledge of key approaches, critical steps
* Excellent communication skills with individuals with different cultural, professional and academic backgrounds, including the ability to simplify complex issues
* Builds actively on long-term relationships, both internally and externally across different functions
* Strategic thinking, problem-solving ability, customer focus, and commitment to quality
* Team player, collaborative balanced with a bias for fast decision making
* Proactive & results driven
* Ability to lead cross-functional meetings and projects across matrix and geographies
* Strong understanding of principles of good scientific and commercial communication and clear messaging to enable ease of understanding by target audiences
* Enjoys to work in cross-functional, matrix environment, being energized by co-developing strategies and materials within team, endures ambiguity, frequent changes in team set-up and organizational surrounding
Job Segment: Immunology, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Public Health, Healthcare, Technology, Science, Strategy