Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for an Application Developer with at least 11 years of relevant work experience.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The contractor will be asked to execute the (non-exhaustive list) tasks listed below:
* Develop, test, maintain and revise applications, ITSM tools. This includes applications assisting the Service Desk in their recurrent tasks including monitoring, reporting, office integration; as well as modules and applications supporting the users in their learning curve and acquisition of the required knowledge regarding the ETS applications, processes and procedures;
* provide technical support to the users, deal with incidents and service requests;
* draft and maintain technical documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The contractor is required to have:
* Knowledge of application development in the major operating systems (MS Windows, Linux, Androïd…)
* knowledge of development environments (Visual Studio, NotePad ++, Eclipse, NetBeans, …)
* knowledge of the Office integration (Word, Excel and Outlook automation)
* knowledge of database design, implementation, maintenance and querying (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, SQLPlus…)
* knowledge of database integration with applications
* knowledge about responsive, multi-device development (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, smartTV…).
* knowledge of complex environments (SFTP, VPN, Virtual machine…)
* knowledge of E-Learning authoring and creative tools (e.g. Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Robohelp…)
* knowledge of integration with Documents and Content Management System (e.g. MS SharePoint, CIRCABC…)
* ability to integrate secure coding practices (e.g. second factor authentication to access applications);
* at least 3 years of experience in application development and support to users in carbon emission trading IT system acquired over the last 5 years;
* a customer-oriented and proactive attitude, excellent communication and analytical skills;
* the ability to take decisions quickly, work under pressure and deal effectively with critical situations;
* the ability to easily integrate in a multicultural environment;
* excellent English.
Any recent experience with the European Commission in an assignment similar to the one here detailed will be considered as an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/1866
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 04 September, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address