Oracle - E-Business Suite Project Accounting / Financial Management - Function (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Oracle - E-Business Suite Project Accounting / Financial Management - Function
Under the overall direction of the Service Owner and Service Delivery Manager, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Being responsible for the assigned business applications and services.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the assigned business applications, by responding to service requests, investigating and resolving incidents and problems, communicating solutions or advice to customers and users on changes and improvements based on best business practices.
- Contributing to the gathering, analysis, setup, design and documentation of new requirements and change requests.
- Developing and reviewing documentation such as requirements definitions, functional and technical design documents, systems specifications or other deliverables
- Providing time estimates for the development and implementation of new requirements.
- Ensures full lifecycle tests of requests for change before they are presented to the user for user acceptance testing.
- Active contribution to relevant projects or service operation across Service Lines where integrationis required.
- Participating/attending job-related conferences and trainings in order to keep the knowledge and expertise up-to-date.
- Providing briefings and presentations.
- Performing other duties as may be required
The Ideal Candidate
G-01 A minimum of 4 years current, detailed and relevant knowledge and experience.
G -02 Basic SQL and SQL*Plus knowledge.
G -03 Familiarity with configuration management / versioning procedures and tools.
G-04 Able to work under pressure, on own initiative and without constant supervision, to strict and tight deadlines.
G-05 A good team player and a good communicator.
G -06 Experience of working in a team that delivers a highly available service.
G-07 Competent in documenting work done.
G-08 English proficiency level: SLP 3333 according to STANAG 6001.
Essential Requirement depending on job assignment
G -09 Relevant experience at a customer facing service desk and its associated tools and processes during a 24 months sustained period of performance.
G -10 [DESIRABLE] Recent experience of working in Customer.
G-11 [DESIRABLE] Willing to work flexible working hours.
Specific requirements for Oracle E-Business Suite Project Accounting Functional SME # Essential Requirement EF.02-01 Detailed knowledge of and experience with all Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 (or higher) Financials, Project Accounting and Purchasing applications, including but not limited to:
a. Excellent understanding of Project Costing/Billing;
b. Strong understanding of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable,
Cash Management, Fixed Assets and Sub-Ledger Accounting;
c. Strong understanding of budget accounting (summary account, budgetary control configuration), encumbrance accounting, accrual accounting and experience of Public Sector accounting processes.
d. Understanding integration of Oracle Project Accounting (Billing/Costing) with Financials, Purchasing and Logistics.
e. Ability to perform a range of Financials associated duties (reconciliation, consolidation, revaluation);
f. Understanding month-end and year-end processes of predefined sub-ledgers and General Ledger;
g. Understanding all aspects of Finance related reporting, including but not limited to identification of appropriate standard reports and the development of any additional reports required;
h. Thorough understanding of bank reconciliation process and use of electronic banking payment formats;
i. Knowledge of and experience with all different finance approval workflows (Accounts Payable, Purchasing, General Ledger);
# Desirable Requirement EF.02-02 Having knowledge of Supply Chain processes is desirable.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/NO/New/3583
Contract Type Fixed term / PAYE
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Mons, Belgium
Date posted 27 November, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address