Back to search result
OPS Engineer IT Lending
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2018-02-12 Requisition ID
051936 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
IT Lending Area
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Ops Engineer with a passion for IT and positive can-do mindset.
You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
Within ING ITS, you will be part of a team of enthusiastic and highly qualified engineers working on projects that change our Lending Applications in Belgium.
You will be part of Business Lending or Mortgages Tribe and Squads managing Collaterals and Credit Lines, Business Lending products or Mortgages.
As an Ops Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission.
As an Ops Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
The Ops Engineer you will bear primary responsibility for the stability of Lending applications, identify application and system-related problems and takes the lead in resolving incidents.
Your tasks will consist of monitoring, management, studying, testing and running the application / service. You will proactively monitor the technical behaviour and performance in all aspects for the entire stack in order to prevent problems. This involves:
* Understanding the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product you operate. In particular: functional understanding of Lending Domain and underlying business processes and products.
* Understanding and monitoring the entire stack's technology on which the application runs and how it fits in the overall chain.
* Providing level-2 support in deploying and running an application in production.
* Specifying, designing and conducting Performance and Acceptance tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests) with support from the Dev Engineer.
* Configuration and implementation of Monitoring Tooling using the correct Event Alerts, as agreed with the Master Control Room.
* Implementation of the security and risk management policy so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level
* Contributing to Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving problems
* Contributing to Life Cycle Management for the system.
* Application of continuous delivery practices
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Ops Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
* Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
* Problem solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in international context
* End-to-end ownership mindset: Independent and autonomous in completing tasks, taking responsibilities whenever needed as always striving for consumer value
* Continuous improvement mindset
Experience and specialised knowledge
* Experience working in Agile organisation
* Experience in mainframe (Cobol) environment
* Ability to master several engineering skills
* Monitoring & Alerting
* Continuous Delivery (Compile, Build, Package, Deploy)
* Security & IT Risk
* Networking and storage
* Capacity management
* Performing Stack Life Cycle
* Coding and/or package integration (preferably knowledge of Cobol)
* Experience with performance, capacity monitoring and system administration tooling and practices
* Broad understanding of technologies, banking business domains and consumer needs
Education and Professional certifications
* Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent by experience
* Good written and spoken knowledge of English
* Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch