Back to search result
Operations Specialist FM Back Office OTC drafter
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2019-03-14 Requisition ID
055918 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
Operations Specialist OTC Equity & Commodity Derivatives
Your role & work environment
As an Operations Specialist you assist the process engineer in maintaining optimal processing of derivatives and/or their hedges (depending on your specialty in the team) through the full lifecycle of the transaction. Through your knowledge of the process and product you increase the customer and business value. Included in your role you ensure that improvements and changes to IT-applications and/or processes used within Financial Markets are well implemented and communicated to your colleagues in the Service Center from an Operations perspective. You will serve as the 'Go To' person and coach for our service center colleagues.
You will be part of Global Client Service Delivery for Transactions and Markets, which is primarily organized around Centers of Excellence being accountable for the processing of the product and/or process in which they specialize. Within FM Services Brussels we are recognized as the Global Center of Excellence (CoE) for Equity and Commodity derivatives serving different locations such as London, Brussels, Amsterdam and New York. We ensure adequate processing of all lifecycle events (from contracting, reconciliations through corporate actions, settlements, …) linked to Equity and Commodity derivatives as well as their hedging instruments (e.g. Equity, futures, options).
Your key responsibilities
* You will follow the evolution of a.o. the products, processes and IT tools used in your field of expertise
* You will be on top of new developments with regard to processing applications or market practices
* You will be the primary contact person for the Shared Service Center for questions related to Equity & commodity derivatives and the related internal and external processes.
* You will be the main point of contact for our offshore colleagues regarding OTC Commodity and Equity derivatives processing issues and questions
* You take ownership of escalations made by our service center and ensure knowledge sharing across the local and offshore teams
* You will assist the process engineer in assessing the impact of required process improvements and changes and its implementation.
* You will serve as the specialist when it comes to determining the best way to approach more complex transactions on the level of operations
* You will serve as escalation point for our colleagues in the service Center with regard to more complicated trades and/or questions and act as point of contact for more specialized customer requests/questions
* You assist the process engineer to strive for process optimization and improvements in the process which could benefit our customers.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Operations Specialist you will also need:
Expertise / ability to learn
* Be able to or strong ability to learn how to validate complex derivative transactions introduced by Sales and trading to ensure smooth processing towards the client.
* Follow-up on market changes and evolutions ensuring that we stay compliant and on top of our industry
* Be able to manually draft and validate confirmations of complex equity and commodity derivatives
* Be able to review and sign confirmations of more complex equity and commodity derivatives
* Be able to investigate the source of an issue based upon your thorough knowledge of the product and process.
* Ensure E2E follow-up of transactions in case of issues with regard to (but not limited to) disputes on e.g. confirmation language
* Knowledge of ISDA wording and industry practices or have strong affinity with the Over-The-Counter market is a plus
* Have updated knowledge on the Equity and Commodity derivatives industry and business and understand the impact of evolutions on your business
* A previous work experience in an operations department linked to Financial Markets products is a must
* A first experience and/or a strong interest in the world of Equity and commodity derivatives is a must
Problem analysis and assessment / judgement
* You are able to identify the risks within your product and process of expertise and define the controls mitigating those risks;
* You are able to analyze and identify root causes of more complex problems in our equity & commodity derivatives operations processes;
* You are able to quickly assess the impact of an incident and the likelihood that a certain issue materializes in your area of expertise;
* You are able to provide pragmatic solutions efficiently and timely for questions / problems coming from the team (on- and off-shore)
* Having an extensive network (internally or in the industry) to obtain relevant information is an asset.
* Maintain a good relationship with your stakeholders internationally in order to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and an optimal customer experience
* Be able to provide constructive feedback by keeping an open line of communication towards our Service Center.
* Experience with working in a cross-border team is an asset
* Be familiar and uphold the One Way of Working and Agile principles.
* Act as One team with our colleagues of Shared Services in other locations
* Very good knowledge of the standard Microsoft package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, …)
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch