Operational Excellence Project Manager
* Requisition ID: WD168350
* Position: Full-Time Regular
* Open date: Jun 11, 2018 12:34 PM
* Functional area: Engineering
* Required degrees: Not Indicated
Select Locale Email a friend
Raise and maintain the status of quality in the organisation and enable a company to promote itself as one that provides quality goods
and services. Involve Total Quality Management (TQM) programmes and the development of standard procedures in accordance with GSK standards and cGMP Regulations.
Your responsibilities are:
* Analyse and measure the effectiveness of existing business
processes within own domain
* Participate in design and implementation of re-engineering
business processes to address user requirements
* Determine how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes
* May specialise in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and re-engineering, change management and measurement, process-driven systems requirements
* Identify, lead, support or mentor improvement opportunities in the BU
* Drive Performance Management with process measures in place and in use
* Member of the BU Leadership Team: follow Business Process Review, influence Senior Managers
* Increase productivity, ensure productivity measures in place/in use
* Ensure ROI for projects initiated
* Enhance cost control , reduce lead time and working capital
* Act as OE experts, use and promote OE methodology and tools to implement lean culture (Ex : visual management, shopfloor presence)
* Coordinate and prioritize all OE initiatives in the BU (Projects and Green Belt mentoring)
* Share Knowledge in and across the GSK organization
* Communicate on successes and network with other IE champions / experts to exchange learning
* Coach and supports projects managers
* Ensure alignment with company objectives,
* Ensure continuous improvements, remove barriers
* Drive Right First time mindset
* Drive customers oriented objectives
Why You?Basic qualifications:
* University Degree
* Ideally Black Belt certified
* Good understanding of Supply Chain processes/ Manufacturing
* Mastering in OE principles / tools / methodologies / application
* At least 8-10 years of experience in operations in an industrial environment
* Experience in project management and change management
* Experience in process improvement
* Experience as trainer
* Experience in more than one function, or site or Region.
* Budget Responsibility
* Accountable for delivering financial benefits
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK - one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.